Add Computer Object to AD
- Create a new computer object in Active Directory.
This task assigns a computer to a domain and creates a computer object in
the Active Directory service (AD).
Select generic text with multiline support when mapping the organizational
unit (OU) Path field to the Admin Input.
The PSAgent and the AD Domain Controller must be in the same domain.
The following requirements must be met:
- The Active Directory Cmdlets module must be installed on the domain controller.
- The PSAgent and AD must have PowerShell configured with winrm config and must have PSRemoting enabled.
- The provisioned Windows VM must be powered on.
- The provisioned Windows VM must have PowerShell configured with winrm config and with PSRemoting enabled.
- The provisioned Windows VM must be configured with the AD/DNS server IPAddress containing nothing but the AD domain IPAddress that the VM is to to join.
Input Description Mappable To Type Mandatory PowerShell Agent Select one of the Configured PowerShell Agent gen_text_input Y Domain Controller HostName or IP address of the Domain Controller gen_text_input Y Domain Name Domain Name gen_text_input Y Username User of the Domain Controller gen_text_input Y Password Password password Y Authentication Type Authentication Type for creating Powershell Session on Domain Contoller gen_text_input Y Maximum Wait Time Max wait time for the command to complete in minutes Y Computer IPAddress Enter IPAddress of the Computer. gen_text_input Y Computer Username Enter User of the Computer. gen_text_input Y Computer Password Password password Y OU path Enter Organizational Unit path that computer need to place in. gen_text_input Y
Output Description Type OUTPUT_COMPUTER_DN Name of the Computer DistinguishName that was created by admin gen_text_input