EMC Unity - Create LUN
- Create a new LUN on an EMC Unity array.
This task creates a new LUN on an EMC Unity storage array.
It is also the rollback task for Delete EMC Unity LUN. Host and Snapshot schedule association are optional.
LUN can be associated to Host with three possible options, LUN, Snapshot, and LUN & Snapshots.
You can provide HLU number for the LUN while creation only when host mapping is selected.
If given HLU is already used on any of the selected Host, LUN creation will fail.
For Access Type option, LUN and Snapshot, two HLU are required in comma separated value(eg 0,1).
HLU should be between 0 and 16381.
If hlu is not given, System will allocate next available HLU for the LUN.
- EMC Unity Account Name: podName@AccountName. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid
- EMC Unity Storage Pool: PodName@accountName@storagePoolName@storagePoolId. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid@Pool1@pool_7
- Name: Valid LUN Name - The following special characters are not allowed: " % & ' * + . / \ : ; < = > ? ^ @ | ,
- Size: Size of the LUN. For example: 2
- Capacity Units: The unit for the Size of the LUN. For example: 2GB,MB or TB
- Description: Valid Description
- Default Node: Select the Storage Processor
- Thin: Check box- Indicates whether to enable thin provisioning for LUN
- Snapshot Schedule: Select the schedule you to associate to LUN-Snapshot schedule settings for the LUN
- Snapshot Schedule Paused: Check box- Indicates whether the Snapshot Schedule is paused or not
- Access Hosts: podName@AccountName@hostName@hostID. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid@TestHost@Host_1
- Access Type: Possible values are LUN, Snapshot, LUN and Snapshot. Required only when Access Hosts input is selected
- HLU: HLU number of LUN. Required only when Access Hosts input is selected
Input Description Mappable To Type Mandatory EMC Unity Account Name Select Account name EMCUnityAccountIdentity Y Storage Pool Choose an EMC Unity storage pool for the LUN EMCUnityStoragePoolIdentity Y Name Enter a name for the LUN. The following 19 special characters are not allowed: ", %, &, ', *, +, ., /, \, :, ;, <, =, >, ?, ^, @, | and ," gen_text_input Size Enter the size of the LUN gen_text_input Y Capacity Units Choose a system capacity unit EMCUnitySizeUnit Y Description Enter a description for the LUN gen_text_input Default Node Choose Storage Processor that owns the LUN EMCUnityStorageProcessorIdentity Thin Check thin to enable thin provisioning for the LUN Boolean Snapshot Schedule Choose a snapshot schedule for the LUN. A snapshot schedule can be added or changed but cannot be removed from the LUN. EMCUnitySnapshotScheduleIdentity Snapshot Schedule Paused Check to pause the snapshot schedule Boolean Access Hosts Choose one or more hosts to provide with access to the LUN EMCUnityHostIdentity Access Type Choose an access type EMCUnityHostLunAccessType HLU Enter a unique host LUN ID gen_text_input
Output Description Type OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_ACCOUNT_IDENTITY EMC Unity Account Identity. EMCUnityAccountIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_STORAGE_POOL_IDENTITY EMC Unity Storage Pool Identity EMCUnityStoragePoolIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_LUN_IDENTITY EMC Unity LUN Identity EMCUnityLunIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_HOST_IDENTITY EMC Unity Host Identity. EMCUnityHostIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_HOST_LUN_IDENTITY EMC Unity Host LUN Identity EMCUnityHostLunIdentity OUTPUT_LUN_NAA_ID LUN NAA ID LunNaaId OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_HOST_PRODUCTION_LUN_ID EMC Unity Host Production LUN HLU gen_text_input OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_HOST_SNAPSHOT_LUN_ID EMC Unity Host Snapshot LUN HLU gen_text_input