EMC Unity - Create SMB Share
- Create an SMB/CIFS Share object on an EMC Unity array.
This task creates an SMB/CIFS Share on an EMC Unity storage array.
This task creates two types of shares:
- An SMB Share created on a file system.
- An SMB Share created on a snapshot.
- EMC Unity Account: podName@AccountName. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid
- EMC Unity File System: podName@accountName@spName@id@nasServerName@nasServerID@storagePoolName@storagePoolId@fileSystemName@fileSystemID. For example: Default Pod@EmcUnity@SP A@spa@TestNAS@nas_4@pool_7@Pool0@TestFS@fs_14
- Use Snapshot: Check box-To create SMB Share on Snapshot
- EMC Unity File System Snapshot: Select the file system to create SMB share on
- Name: Valid Storage Pool Name - The following special characters are not allowed: " % & ' * + . / \ : ; < = > ? ^ @ | ,
- Description: Valid Description
- Path: Valid Path - Path destination should exist, if path is not given share is created on root directory
- Access-based Enumeration: Check box-Filter directory entries according to client access permission
- Branch Cache Enabled: Check box-Supports hash generation for branch cache retrieval of data
- Protocol Encryption: Check box-Encrypt data as it is transmitted between the array and the host
- Continuous Availability: Check box-Gives continuous access to the share following an NAS Server failover
- Offline Availability: Check box-Manage the offline cashing of the files by the client
- UMASK: Valid UMASK. For example: 022 Specifies the default UNIX UMASK for new files created on the share
Input Description Mappable To Type Mandatory EMC Unity Account Choose an EMC Unity account EMCUnityAccountIdentity Y EMC Unity File System Choose a file system on which to create the SMB share EMCUnityFileSystemIdentity Y Use Snapshot Check to use the snapshot of the file system for share creation Boolean Path Enter the path of the SMB share related to the NAS server. The share is created in the root directory if the path is empty. gen_text_input Share Name Enter the name of the SMB share. The following 19 special characters are not allowed:", %, &, ', *, +, ., /, \, :, ;, <, =, >, ?, ^, @, | and ," gen_text_input Description Enter a description for the SMB share gen_text_input Access-based Enumeration Check to filter directory entries by client access permission Boolean Branch Cache Enabled Check to branch the data retrieval cache Boolean Protocol Encryption Check to encrypt data transmitted between the array and the host Boolean Continuous Availability Check to maintain continuous access to the share following a NAS server failover Boolean Offline Availability Choose an offline availability type to manage offline file cacheing by the client EMCUnitySMBShareOfflineAvailabilityType UMASK Enter the default UNIX UMASK for new files created on the share gen_text_input
Output Description Type OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_CIFS_SHARE_IDENTITY EMC Unity SMB Share Identity EMCUnitySMBShareIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_CIFS_SERVER_IDENTITY EMC Unity SMB Server Identity EMCUnitySMBServerIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_SNAPSHOT_IDENTITY EMC Unity Snapshot Identity EMCUnitySnapShotIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_FILE_SYSTEM_IDENTITY EMC Unity File System Identity. EMCUnityFileSystemIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_CIFS_SHARE_NAME EMC Unity SMB Share Name gen_text_input OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_CIFS_SHARE_EXPORT_PATH EMC Unity SMB Share Export Path gen_text_input OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_ACCOUNT_IDENTITY EMC Unity Account Identity. EMCUnityAccountIdentity