This document describes how to revert the smart licensing configuration to traditional licensing.
There is no direct step to revert from smart to traditional licenses. This article contains a workaround to revert the license type configuration.
ESA running 12.0 or later and have Smart Licensing (SL) enabled. If you want to change back to the traditional/classic Licensing (CL), please follow the steps mentioned in the workaround section.
1. Reset the configuration back to all initial/default values.
2. This impacts the production and it is advised to save a copy of the configuration file (with encrypt password) prior to performing this action.
This is the command to revert the changes
(Machine cisco.com)> resetconfig
Are you sure you want to reset all configuration values? [N]> y
Machine cisco.com removed from the cluster.
All settings have been restored to the factory defaults.
Note: The resetconfig command only works in the offline state.
You have to suspend the listeners (as mentioned here) to execute the resetconfig command.
(Machine cisco.com)> suspend
Enter the number of seconds to wait before abruptly closing connections.
Waiting for listeners to exit...
Receiving suspended for Test.
Waiting for outgoing deliveries to finish...
Mail delivery suspended.
(Machine esa.cisco.com)> diagnostic
Choose the operation you want to perform:
- RAID - Disk Verify Utility.
- DISK_USAGE - Check Disk Usage.
- NETWORK - Network Utilities.
- REPORTING - Reporting Utilities.
- TRACKING - Tracking Utilities.
- RELOAD - Reset configuration to the initial manufacturer values.
- SERVICES - Service Utilities.
This command will remove all user settings and reset the entire device.
If this is a Virtual Appliance, all feature keys will be removed,
and the license must be reapplied.
Are you sure you want to continue? [N]> y
Are you *really* sure you want to continue? [N]> y
Do you want to wipe also? [N]>
Reverting to "virtualimage" preconfigure install mode.
Connection to x.x.x.x closed by remote host.
Note: Please perform the above change in guidance of a TAC engineer. If you face any issues, you can reach out to TAC immediately.