Empowering Employees with Intelligent Mobile Communications by Extending Enterprise Voice and Data Communications to Mobile Handsets
Cisco® Unified Communications is a comprehensive IP communications system of voice, video, data, and mobility products and applications. It enables more effective, more secure, more personal communications that directly affect both sales and profitability. It brings people together by enabling a new way of communicating-where your business moves with you, security is everywhere, and information is always available...whenever and wherever it is needed. Cisco Unified Communications is part of an integrated solution that includes network infrastructure, security, mobility, network management products, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, end-user and partner financing packages, and third-party communications applications.
Improve Mobile Productivity
Figure 1. Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator
Reach the Right Person at the Right Time.
• Access up-to-date company and personal directory information.
• View the busy and available status of colleagues.
• Securely send text messages to reach people even when they are busy.
• Receive and play back office voicemail messages on a mobile handset; "visual voicemail" lets you view a list of messages on the display and select the one you want to play back with a press of a button.
• Conference and collaborate through integration with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace solution.
• Access recent call histories on mobile handsets so you know who called and when, even if the call was originally made to your office phone.
Powerful and Secure Mobile Solution
Key Features and Benefits
• Communication integration-Use one intuitive interface for mobile calls, directory and presence information, voicemail playback, text messaging, and conferencing.
• Unified contact list-Search your corporate directory (Active Directory) and personal contacts (Microsoft Outlook) from one easy-to-use interface to locate contacts quickly. Simply select a name to call.
• Presence-Find a contact and see whether the person is available to talk-before placing the call. View a person's availability status from the directory on the mobile handset.
• Select to call-Dial from the directory by simply selecting a name.
• Single-business-number reach-Provide colleagues with a single number to reach you. Supported by Cisco Unified Mobility, calls to your desk phone can be answered from your mobile phone. If you are busy, simply decline or ignore the call and it will be diverted to your office voicemail.
• Secure text messaging-Send and receive text messages from colleagues when they are unavailable to talk. A visual list on your mobile handset shows at a glance who is trying to reach you. Incoming messages are conveniently grouped by person, showing the sender, the priority, and a brief subject line, if available.
• Voice messages-Access Cisco Unity® voicemail messages to select, view, play back, and delete messages in any order, all from the mobile handset.
• Conferencing-Receive notifications of conference calls on your mobile phone from the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace solution. Simply press a button to call the conference bridge.
• Call logs-View a list of recent calls on your mobile phone and learn what calls were missed, placed, and received from your mobile phone or your Cisco Unified IP Phone.
• Security-Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator is deployed securely behind the enterprise firewall. Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator uses industry-standard, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption to protect transmission of data between handsets and your data center. End users authenticate with existing Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directories. If a mobile handset is lost or stolen, IT staff can remotely deactivate the device and erase sensitive company information.
• Management-Simple, Web-based management allows IT staff to manage user activation, configuration, and administration; set system privileges and security; report statistics; and manage devices. The end-user portal allows provisioning, directory management, and configuration of user preferences.
• Broad operator and device support-Working simultaneously across multiple networks, mobile operators, and handset platforms, Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator helps ensure end-user choice and delivery of consistent performance at work, at home, and on the road.
For More Information
Cisco Unified Communications Services and Support