Improve service delivery and increase revenue.
Converge Packet and Transport
Bridge the gap between IP and optical layers with Cisco Network Convergence System 4000.
Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
Cisco DWDM solutions deliver massive scale, touchless programmability, and ease of use.
- Colorless, Omni-directional, Flex Spectrum ROADM
- Superior 100G port density
- Multi-Layer Programmability
- Delivers any service type to any network location
- Widely deployed across service provider, enterprise, and government customers
- Features 2- to 8-degree reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADM)
- Supports colorless and omnidirectional ROADM for touchless programmability
- Excels in metro, regional, and long haul applications
- Complete suite of passive components for use in DWDM networks
- Minimizes loss, latency, and cost for simplified data center interconnect applications
- Complements ONS 15454 MSTP ROADM configurations with passive add and drop
- Supports up to 96 channels in the C-band
Packet Optical Transport Systems
Cisco Packet Optical Transport Systems bring transport ease of use to packet networks, and support multilayer network convergence.
- DWDM, OTN, and Packet in one converged platform
- Support for multi-chassis and back-to-back configurations
- Full In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Superior simplification in service management, turn-up, and monitoring
- Unifies both packet and transport with MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
- Ideal for service providers who want to add services and improve delivery
- Supports MPLS-TP, Ethernet, OTN, and DWDM in a single system
- Exceptionally high GE/10 GE port density per rack unit
SONET / SDH
The Cisco SONET / SDH portfolio covers access, metro, and core solutions, while integrating DWDM and packet functions.
- Ideal MSPP for voice, video, and data
- Supports and optimizes next-generation transport networks
- Supports aggregation and transport of services, from DS-1 to OC-192
- Flexible, multirate, small form-factor pluggable (SFP)-based) Ethernet and optical modules
- Multiservice Switching Platform (MSSP) simplifies bandwidth management
- Ideal for service providers integrating metro core and metro edge networks
- Provides network availability, serviceability, software, and management
- Supports all metro topologies, including point-to-point, rings, and mesh
- Portfolio of SONET/SDH multiservice provisioning platforms (MSPPs)
- Ideal for service providers seeking to offer differentiating services
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100 Ethernet, DS1/ E1, and DS3/E3 services
- Applications include wideband digital cross-connect system functionality
Optical Network Management
Cisco offers an easily managed, next-generation optical network, with vendor-neutral, business-ready features.
- End-to-end management solution for Packet Optical Transport networks
- Maintains an efficient and productive optical infrastructure managing fault, configuration, performance, and security
- Powerful GUI-based management system that simplifies complex provisioning tasks
- Significantly reduces the length of the network maintenance window, and cuts operating expenses