Deploy Collaboration for the Enterprise
Learn about the preferred architecture and system design for deploying Cisco Collaboration technology in the enterprise.
Empower your workforce through collaboration services such as Cisco Unified Communications, Video Collaboration, and Contact Center. Design powerful, comprehensive, and scalable collaboration architectures using Cisco Preferred Architecture design overviews, Cisco Validated Design (CVD) guides, and Solution Reference Network Design (SRND) guides.
These documents provide the framework for systems design based on common use cases and current engineering best practices. Cisco engineers have tested and documented each solution design so you can have a faster, more reliable, and more predictable deployment.
Preferred Architecture Guides
Preferred Architecture overviews and CVD guides offer prescriptive, end-to-end system solutions. The design overviews provide a basic understanding of the products and their roles in the Preferred Architectures, including high-level best practices. The CVD guides provide more detailed design and deployment recommendations that help streamline the implementation of Preferred Architectures.
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration 11.x, Design Overview - June 2015 (PDF - 4.8 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration 10.x, Design Overview - January 2015 (PDF - 4.8 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration 10.x, CVD - April 2015
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Video, Design Overview - March 2015 (PDF - 5.3 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Midmarket Collaboration, Design Overview - December 2014 (PDF - 5.6 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Midmarket Voice, Design Overview - March 2015 (PDF - 5.8 MB)
Midmarket Collaboration CVD Guides
Midmarket CVDs provide detailed design and step-by-step deployment information for collaboration solutions built on the Cisco Business Edition 6000. These CVDs are based on the core recommendations of the Preferred Architectures, and in some cases they offer additional solution designs as extensions or alternatives to the Preferred Architectures.
- Unified Communications Using Cisco Business Edition 6000 CVD - Feb 2015 (PDF - 9.3 MB)
- Video Conferencing Using Cisco Business Edition 6000 CVD - Feb 2015 (PDF - 9.2 MB)
- Collaboration Edge Using Cisco Business Edition 6000 CVD - July 2014 (PDF - 4.9 MB)
- Help Desk Using Cisco UCCX CVD - Feb 2015 (PDF - 6.9 Mb)
- Help Desk Scripts and Prompts - February 2014 (ZIP - 0.5 MB)
Advanced Design Guidance
The Preferred Architecture overviews and CVD guides adhere to the design principles documented in the Cisco Collaboration SRND guide. The Collaboration SRND provides more advanced design guidance and recommendations to partners and customers who need to deploy customized collaboration solutions that go beyond the design parameters of the Preferred Architectures.
Additional Collaboration CVD Guides
- H.323 Video Interworking Using VCS CVD - August 2013 (PDF - 2.4 MB)
- VPN Phone Technology Design Guide - August 2013 (PDF - 1.7 MB)