This document describes the process to configure the Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence Server logs to run at the debug level.
Cisco recommends knowledge of Cisco IM and Presence Server navigation through a browser.
The information in this document is based on Cisco IM and Presence Server Release 9.x and later.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
- Enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) into a web browser address bar and access the IM and Presence Server.
- From the Navigation bar, choose Cisco Unified IM and Presence Servicability and click Go.
- From the Servicability page, log into the IM and Presence Server.
- From the Trace menu drop-down list at the top of the screen, choose Configuration.
- From the Configuration screen, choose the IM and Presence Server to configure and click Go; then choose the appropriate service group and click Go.
- Choose the service to configure logs to run at the debug level, for example Cisco SIP Proxy, and click Go.
- From the Debug Trace Level drop-down list, choose Debug and check the Trace On check box. If more than one IM and Presence Server exists, check the Apply to All Nodes check box. After the configuration is set, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
There is currently no verification procedure available for this configuration.
There is currently no specific troubleshooting information available for this configuration.