Configuring My Notification Devices
You can configure notify yourself of voice-mail events by phone, pager, or email. Cisco Unity Express contacts these devices to let you know that you have received a voice-mail message. This feature is not enabled by default, and must be enabled on a system-wide basis by the system administrator before you can configure notifications.
Cisco Unity Express supports Cascading Message Notification, which allows you to set up a series of notifications to a widening circle of recipients at various time intervals if your message is not immediately responded to.
In the Voice Mail > Message Notification > My Notification Devices window, set your cascade settings to notify specified recipients after a specified time. Range is 5 to 10080 minutes.
Use this procedure to configure notify yourself of voice-mail events by phone, pager, or email.
Step 1 Choose Voice Mail > Message Notification > My Notification Devices.
Step 2 In the Notification Device window, click the name of the device that you want to configure.
Step 3 Enter data into the following fields. The fields shown depend on the type of device that you have selected.
- Device phone number
- Extra digits (such as access codes)
- To: (Email address)—Enter the email address to which to send notifications.
- Text for pager/text for email—Enter the text to display on the pager or in the email when the notification is sent. Note : Special characters, including the “?,” are not allowed.
- If the ability to send a copy of the voice-mail message as an email attachment is enabled system-wide, you can check the box to enable this feature.
- Notification preferences—Choose one of the following from the drop-down menu:
– Urgent Messages —Notifications are only sent for voice-mail messages marked “urgent” by the sender.
– All Messages—Notifications are sent for all voice-mail messages.
Note If you select “All,” but the system-wide notification preference is “Urgent,” you are not allowed to select “All” for an individual user.
Step 4 Click Apply to save your data.