THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
|Affected OS Type
||Affected Software Product
||Affected Release Number
Prime Infrastructure Software
3.0.0, 3.1.0, 3.1.5, 3.2, 3.2.0-FIPS, 3.3.0, 3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.6.0, 3.7.0
||ASD V3 support in PI|
Until further notice, a Prime Infrastructure related software update (and/or device package) posted on www.cisco.com will not be automatically listed on Prime Infrastructure’s Software Update page. An administrative user will have to first manually download the update from www.cisco.com to their local machine and then upload it to the Software Image Repository in Prime Infrastructure.
Cisco's Automatic Software Distribution (ASD) Version 2 APIs used for Software Image Management (SWIM) and software updates on www.cisco.com for Prime Infrastructure are End of Life (EoL). This results in the inability for customers to direct download UBF patches from the Prime Infrastructure Software Update page, or to direct download Cisco IOS®, Cisco IOS XE, and other device images from www.cisco.com through the Inventory > Software Images page.
Prime Infrastructure releases earlier than 3.4 will not be able to direct download Cisco IOS related images using SWIM and Prime Infrastructure releases earlier than 3.8 will not be able to direct download UBF files from the Software Update page.
||Can Download UBF Files From the Software Update Page?
||Can Download Cisco IOS Images Using SWIM?
As of 2020-03-01, there was a deprecation of the ASD Version 2 APIs that allow customers to seamlessly download and install code from www.cisco.com. The loss of functionality requires that customers manually download and install the code. Instead of having the ability to view a list of available software images on www.cisco.com and download them to the server/appliance, customers will need to take the image name, go to Cisco Software Central, find the image, download it to their local machine, and then upload it back to the server/appliance.
A customer might not be able to install Prime Infrastructure UBF patches from the Administration > Software Update Prime Infrastructure page or Cisco IOS, Cisco IOS XE, and other device images through the Inventory > Software Images page from www.cisco.com. Functionality is based upon the customer's current release version.
Option 1. Upgrade to Prime Infrastructure 3.8 or Later Which Supports the ASD API Version 3
Option 2. Use the Software Update Page to Install UBF Files
- Log in to the Software Download page and provide your credentials.
- Click Browse All. Choose Cloud and Systems Management > Routing and Switching Management > Network Management Solutions > Prime Infrastructure > desired Prime Infrastructure release.
- Click Prime Infrastructure Patches to list the UBF patches applicable for that particular release of Prime Infrastructure.
- Alternately, use the appropriate navigation path provided and click Prime Infrastructure Patches.
- This displays the most recent maintenance release and update available for the selected Prime Infrastructure release. Click the Download icon to download the required update to your local machine.
- Log in to the Prime Infrastructure user interface.
- Choose Administration > Licenses and Software Updates > Software Update. Click upload and click Browse to choose the UBF file that you downloaded to your local machine in step 5. Click OK.
Note: An FTP server is not required for this process and no Prime Infrastructure restart is required.
Option 3. Use SWIM to Install Cisco IOS Files
Manual Software Image Download and Installation
- Open the Software Download Page. In the Select a Product field, enter the product name. Choose the appropriate product release.
- Click the appropriate software type.
- Click the Download icon to download the required update to your local machine.
- Log in to Prime Infrastructure and choose Inventory > Device Management > Software Images.
- In the Software Image Upgrade/Downgrade Workflow diagram, click Add/Import.
- In the Image Source tab, click the File radio button.
Click the Collection Options tab. Choose the downloaded image from your local machine. Click Open.
- Click the Schedule Import tab. Click Submit to submit the job now.
The file is uploaded to the Software Image Repository.
- Once the job is completed successfully, you can view the image.
- The image will be displayed in the Software Image Repository. You can now distribute it to your intended devices.
How To Identify Affected Products
The current software version can be found via the CLI or the Prime Infrastructure user interface.
From the CLI, enter the show version command.
mas-tardis/admin# show version
Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 4.1
ADE-OS Build Version: 4.1.0.001
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64
Copyright (c) 2009-2018 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 3.5.0 [FIPS not Enabled]Build : 220.127.116.11.550
PI 3.5 Update 03 ( 3.0.0 )
PI 3.5.1 Maintenance Release ( 1.0.0 )
Prime Infrastructure 3.5 Device Pack 3 ( 3.0 )
Prime Infrastructure User Interface
Complete these steps:
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the interface.
- Choose About Prime Infrastructure in order to display the build version.
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
My Notifications—Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.