This document describes how to recover (reset) admin passwords on Cisco Prime Infrastructure servers. The procedure provided here is for Cisco-supplied appliances only. There is a separate procedure for servers installed as Open Virtual Appliances/Virtual machines on customer-supplied hardware.
Follow these steps if the Cisco Prime Infrastructure server is a Cisco-supplied hardware appliance. You need to have a copy of the ISO image on a Dual Layer (DL) DVD before you begin this procedure.
- Connect to the appliance with the keyboard and monitor or through the serial console port.
- Place the recovery DVD in the appliance's optical drive and reboot the appliance. The console connection or the monitor displays the list of boot options as shown here.
Available boot options:
 Network Control System Installation (Keyboard/Monitor)
 Network Control System Installation (Serial Console)
 Recover administrator password. (Keyboard/Monitor)
 Recover administrator password. (Serial Console)
<Enter> Boot existing OS from Hard Disk.
Enter boot option and press <return>.
- Dependent upon how it is connected, enter option 3 or 4 in order to select the 'Recover AdministratorPassword' boot option.
- Enter the number shown next to the admin username for which you want to recover (reset) the password.
- Enter the new password and verify it with a second entry.
- Enter Y to save your changes and reboot.