This document describes how to configure a Phone Network Time Protocol (NTP) reference for Telepresense Codec (TC) and Collaboration Enpoints (CE) .
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- Telepresence Codec endpoints
- Collaboration Endpoints provisioned by CUCM
The information in this document is based on these software and hardware versions:
- Spark Room Kit software version CE9.1.4
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) software version 10.5.2
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, ensure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
TC/CE endpoints require Phone NTP Reference to be configured on CUCM, otherwise they complain no NTP server has been configured. It cannot be configured manually on the endpoints because the configuration is lost if the endpoint restarts.
Step 1. On CUCM, navigate to System > Phone NTP Reference.
- Click Add New.
- Configure the IP address of the NTP server, as shown in the image.
- The mode must be set to Unicast for TC and CE endpoints.
- Click Save.
Step 2. Navigate to System > Date/Time Group.
- Click Add new.
- Add Name.
- Select a Time Zone based on the endpoints' location.
- Select a format.
- Click Add Phone NTP Reference and select the one created on Step 1.
- Click on Add Selected
- The NTP is added on the blank box as shown in the iamge.
Step 3. Navigate to System > Device Pool.
- Select the device pool where your TC/CE endpoints are.
- On the section Roaming Sensitive Settings, on the field Date/Time Group, select the group created on Step 2.
- Click Save and then Apply Config.
For changes to take effect a reset is required. Restart the endpoint or restart the device pool, which causes all the devices in the device pool to restart.
Note: If you restart the device pool, all the endpoints within restart. This drops the current calls. A recommendation is to organize all the TC/CE endpoints on one device pool and the other endpoints and IP phones on another device pool that does not need a NTP phone reference
After the endpoint restarted, log in to the endpoint web interface to verify it takes the configuration from CUCM.
- The CUCM and NTP error must dissapear.
- The time and date is the same as configured on the CUCM Phone NTP reference and the status of the NTP on the endpoint is "Synced", as shown in the image.