The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
As hybrid work becomes the new normal by letting everyone and everything connect from everywhere, network administrators need to re-think their network and solve for the end-to-end experience. An intelligent network is critical to creating a workplace where employees and customers can feel safe and be productive. As the workforce becomes more geographically distributed, the workplace is undergoing transformation as well, with more immersive applications, more deployment of IoT devices, and an increased focus on meeting sustainability goals. How do network administrators address these complex issues?
A Cisco wireless network is built for a digital world delivering a secure, scalable wireless architecture that is easier to deploy and manage. Whether you are a large enterprise or a small to medium-sized business, Cisco Enterprise Wireless can grow alongside your business.
● Cisco Catalyst 9100 Series Access Points are the APs needed to take care of the demand of increased data traffic. Supporting the Wi-Fi 6/6E (802.11ax) standard, these access points address your current and forthcoming network needs. From Enterprise organizations to Mom-and-Pop coffee shops, every business can now employ a Wi-Fi 6/6E solution.
● Cisco DNA Center brings the vision of intent-based networks to life by enabling a single touchpoint that abstracts network complexity through analytics and automation.
● Cisco DNA Center uses Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) to provide the next steps in terms of increased performance, better efficiency and greater cost savings.
● Cisco DNA Center assurance provides a 360-degree view of all devices in the network and allows IT to go back in time and resolve network issues.
● Cisco SD-Access provides a consistent policy across your wired and wireless deployments.
● Cisco Catalyst® 9800 Series Wireless Controllers are powered by Cisco IOS XE which supports advanced security capabilities such as Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA). These wireless controllers keep your network always-on through seamless software updates, enabled by hot patching. Whether on-prem, in public/private cloud or embedded on an access point – Catalyst 9800 has multiple scale options to best meet your organization’s needs.
● The Cisco and Apple partnership optimizes the user experience of those with Apple devices through features such as Fast Lane and rich client insights.
● Cisco High Density Experience (HDX) alleviates strain on high-volume wireless networks, including 802.11ac networks.
● Flexible Radio assignment provides a better user experience by automatically adapting to changes in a high-density network.
● Cisco’s innovative, custom-built access points are designed for high-density environments and maintain the client experience while protecting airwaves from wireless attacks and interference using features such as Cisco CleanAir® and CleanAir Pro.
Although every industry and organization is different, everyone needs a reliable wireless network. Cisco wireless solutions help these industries and organizations by providing a robust, reliable wireless network to achieve their goals.
Those in healthcare count on a dependable and strong wireless solution to help:
● Connect caregivers and staff to information they need, when they need it
● Enhance patient visits by providing navigation, notifications, and high-quality access for patients and guests
● Boost productivity and streamline staff workflows while being able to locate equipment faster to deliver better care
Those in retail require a stable and powerful wireless solution to:
● Win customers with hyper-relevance and the ability to provide them with the right information at the right time
● Deliver the new retail experience and build loyalty with content that relates to customer needs
● See more with real-time analytics and understand what customers want, to keep them coming back
● Offer an omnichannel experience so customers can shop how, when, and where they want with Wi-Fi
Wireless is important to education because it:
● Allows digital learning with an essential platform for today’s schools, allowing students to learn anywhere on any device
● Helps ensure student safety by creating a more secure environment for students and staff
● Improves student engagement through personalized learning, which helps improve outcomes for students
● Provides high-quality mobile access throughout your campus via improved network performance
Increased reliance on wireless by users, applications, and IoT devices means that IT needs to manage a growing, complex network more efficiently than ever before. Encompassing everything from access points to controllers to simplified automation, location, and analytics, Cisco’s industry-leading wireless portfolio and solutions make your wireless network fast, reliable, and secure. This advanced network allows IT to unlock the power of data and grow while still having time to take on the new IT projects that set your company apart from your competitors.
Table 1. Cisco wireless portfolio
Cisco Wi-Fi 6 access points
● Additional devices connect to the network every year and the Cisco Catalyst 9100 Access Points provide a seamless experience anywhere for everyone by going beyond the Wi-Fi 6/6E standard. With new Wi-Fi 6E enabled access points added to the portfolio; your network gets a boost in capacity, reliability, security and sustainability.
● By combining the power of Catalyst with the simplicity of Meraki, Catalyst 9100 Wi-Fi 6E Access Points (9166, 9164 and 9162) give customers the flexibility of deploying their network on-premises or in the cloud. Not only that, but if organization plans change and one deployment option makes more sense than the other, the deployment can switch; which adds investment protection to your network.
Cisco’s Wireless controllers are optimized for today’s and tomorrow’s networks
● The Cisco Catalyst wireless controllers are built with Cisco IOS ® XE, are compatible with today’s Wi-Fi standards and are ready for tomorrow’s challenges
● The Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Controller is cloud agnostic and allows you the choice to deploy your network in either a public or private cloud
● Cisco wireless controller portfolio is ideal for large, medium, and small networks
● Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller, is an easy-to-deploy, built-in controller available on Catalyst 9100 Wi-Fi 6 access points. Great for small to medium-sized businesses
Table 2. Cisco wireless solutions
Cisco Wireless solutions
● Cisco DNA Center is at the heart of Cisco’s Intent-based Network. A single pane of glass provides management automation capabilities and policy-based segmentation, as well as providing end-to-end visibility into the network with full context through data and insights
● Using AI/ML technology, Cisco DNA Center allows for considerable network improvements in visibility, troubleshooting and even cybersecurity
● Cisco DNA Center assurance enables IT to get a full contextual view with historical, real-time, and proactive insights across users, devices, and applications on both wired and wireless networks
● Cisco Software-Defined Access provides a consistent and automated method for applying policy across wired and wireless, while preserving the access security policy across the network
Cisco Wireless solutions
● Cisco Spaces helps you understand and engage with customers to make better business decisions
● Cisco Identity Services Engine simplifies the delivery of consistent, highly secure access control across wired and wireless networks and remote VPN connections
● Cisco Hyperlocation Module with Advanced Security provides 1- to 3-meter location accuracy of associated Wi-Fi clients while also providing wireless threat detection and mitigation for the wireless network infrastructure
● Cisco Aironet Active Sensor is a compact wireless sensor that test-drives real-world experiences on your network
Cisco Services for wireless and mobility delivers unmatched expertise, networking insights, industry-leading best practices, and innovative tools to effectively migrate, adopt, accelerate deployment, and securely manage your wireless solutions. We help you transition to advanced wireless or mobility solutions by enhancing your network’s performance with a full lifecycle of advisory, implementation, optimization, technical, managed, and training services. Our team of experts identify architectural gaps to improve the reliability, security, and resiliency of your wireless network while reducing risks costs, complexity, and disruption for desired business outcomes. Learn more at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/service-listing.html.