Cisco® Unified Domain Center enhances a service provider’s partnership with the enterprise by extending the enterprise’s reach into the service provider network domain with solutions to manage the enterprise’s mobile resources.
Enterprise use cases will be the primary driving force, and enterprises will be the major consumers, of 5G capabilities. Cisco Unified Domain Center can enable new revenue for Mobile Network Operators (MNO) by offering their network capabilities to enterprise companies as services.
Unified Domain Center is a software package that provides support for multiple use cases. It is separate and distinct from Cisco’s current mobile packet core portfolio, which focuses on user and control plane functions.
Following are some key attributes of Unified Domain Center:Unified Domain Center
● Embedded and tested capability to integrate with core Cisco mobile products, with an emphasis on using standard interfaces when they are available
● GUI-driven, which makes it easy to sign up and provision new enterprise customers
● Embedded features in Cisco enterprise software and systems can facilitate fast signup to take advantage of the enhanced features, creating synergy between Cisco products and products in MNO end-customer environments
● Northbound API to integrate with network operator orchestration and external analytical systems
● Security and screening features to protect and maintain the integrity of core network functions for both the service provider and the enterprise customer
● Charging and reporting functionality
● Evolution to adopt and interoperate with 5G service layer architecture and functions
The goal of Cisco’s Unified Domain Center is to deliver a software-based solution to MNOs, who can then offer to their enterprise customers as a turnkey solution with only very limited onsite system integration. Time and cost of deployment and ongoing support are reduced to encourage rapid rollout and easy upgrades.
Features and benefits
Benefits to MNOs
● Grow mobile network operator revenue through new services and markets
● New revenues – Unified Domain Center can enable service providers to offer to their enterprise customers enhanced capabilities that are embedded in and unique to the mobile network. These solutions are above and beyond the connectivity and connection management offered today and can create new revenue to the operators.
● New technologies - Unified Domain Center is an evolutionary step toward preparing MNOs to position themselves as enhanced value providers to enterprises and to take advantage of the projected economic benefits associated with the impact of 5G on new and current enterprise segments.
Enterprise end-customer benefits
● Expansion of the enterprise service domain to mobile endpoints. Enterprise IT personnel are in control and can offer seamless and unified services to their mobile endpoints, regardless of whether the mobile endpoint is connected to their private network via Wi-Fi or to an operator network.
● Applying and controlling policy and security settings for mobile endpoints that belong to the enterprise. Many enterprise applications require special policies and security settings. Enterprises will be able to control these parameters while their application is using the MNO network to reach end users.
● Adhering to Quality of Experience (QoE) and Service-Level Agreements (SLA) that match the service offering of the enterprise. Many applications, especially some of those in innovative industries, require strict QoE, delay, and bandwidth thresholds. Enterprises can require MNOs to provide them a set of SLAs.
● Taking advantage of new innovations (technical aspects) of 5G. Technical capabilities such as Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), Ultra-reliable and Low-latency Communications (uRLLC), and Massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC) will empower enterprises to offer new services. Enterprises want to take advantage of these capabilities.
● Interconnection to multiple mobile operators. Many enterprises require connectivity and service availability across multiple operators.
The main objective of the enabling solution is to empower operators to create solutions by packaging and offering their unique network capabilities to the enterprises. We envision that different operators will bundle these solutions with other capabilities and create unique offerings. Figure 1 depicts examples of unique areas of capabilities that have value to enterprises.
Figure 1. Unified Domain Center interconnecting operator and enterprise IT
Cisco understands that in today’s competitive environment, different go-to-market models may be needed. As such, we offer flexible consumption and pricing models with options that range from traditional CapEx purchases to pay-as-you-go subscriptions. License models include:
● New Perpetual
● Enterprise License Agreement (ELA)
Three primary deployment models:
● MNO installs and operates the software in its network. The software can run as augmentation to and with the same operational model as the Cisco Ultra Services Platform.
● Cisco installs and operates the enabling solution software in a Cisco-operated private cloud or public cloud, dedicated to the specific MNO.
● Cisco operates the software in a cloud and offers the solution white-labeled and as a service.
Contact your Cisco account representative today for pricing and ordering information.
Cisco and partner services
Services from Cisco and our partners help you get the most value from your Cisco Unified Domain Center solution, both quickly and cost-effectively. In addition, we can help you:
● Solidify your vision
● Create a strategy
● Develop a roadmap
● Build a scalable design
● Migrate smoothly
● Simplify your architecture and operations
● Strengthen your team by sharing what we know
Cisco Services delivers award-winning services with a history of market-changing innovation. We provide software- enabled smart services built through more than 28 years of industry leadership. In addition, Cisco Services is globally recognized for expertise in engineering IP next-generation network solutions and managing large system and network integration projects.
Learn more at https://www.cisco.com/go/spservices.
Flexible payment solutions to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital makes it easier to get the right technology to achieve your objectives, enable business transformation and help you stay competitive. We can help you reduce the total cost of ownership, conserve capital, and accelerate growth. In more than 100 countries, our flexible payment solutions can help you acquire hardware, software, services and complementary third-party equipment in easy, predictable payments. Learn more.
Let’s get to work together
For more information about Cisco Ultra Packet Core, visit the (insert link here) or contact your local account representative.