Superior Flexibility and Performance
Deploy high-performance, converged network adapters with the Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Cards (VIC) 1225 and 1225T. These adapters provide acceleration for the various new operational modes introduced by server virtualization. They bring superior flexibility, performance, and bandwidth to the Cisco Unified Computing System rack-mount servers.
The Cisco UCS VIC 1225T works with Cisco Nexus 10GBaseT switches to support Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) over twisted pair cables.
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco UCS VIC 1225 and 1225T implement Cisco Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX), which unifies virtual and physical networking into a single infrastructure. They provide virtual-machine visibility from the physical network and a consistent network operations model for physical and virtual servers.
In virtualized environments, these highly configurable and self-virtualized adapters provide integrated, modular LAN interfaces on Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers. Additional features and capabilities include:
- usNIC: Cisco usNIC is a low-latency interface on top of Cisco UCS VIC 1225. The interface consists of a set of software libraries that enable a data path bypassing the kernel.
- SingleConnect: Cisco SingleConnect Technology is an easy, intelligent, and efficient way to connect and manage computing in the data center. Cisco SingleConnect unifies LAN, SAN, and systems management into one simplified link for rack servers, blade servers, and virtual machines.
- Higher performance: The adapters support up to 256 PCI Express (PCIe) virtual devices, either virtual network interface cards (vNICs) or virtual host bus adapters (vHBAs), with high I/O operations per second (IOPS), support for lossless Ethernet, and 20 Gbps to servers.
- Better bandwidth: PCIe Generation 2 x16 interface helps assure optimal bandwidth to the host for network-intensive applications with a redundant path to the fabric interconnect.
- Rack-optimized form factor: The half-height design reserves full-height slots in servers for Cisco certified third-party adapters.
- Support for Cisco VM-FEX technology: Provides virtual machine visibility from the physical network and a consistent network operations model for physical and virtual servers.
- Centralized management by Cisco UCS Manager: The adapters offer support for Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux, VMware vSphere, and Citrix XenServer (Note: Cisco UCS VIC 1225T must be connected to a 10BaseT Cisco Nexus Fabric Extender.)