Table Of Contents
Product Bulletin - No. 938
Cisco Secure VPN Client 1.1Cisco Systems announces the availability of the Cisco Secure VPN Client version 1.1. The Cisco Secure VPN Client version 1.1 is a component of Cisco Secure VPN Software, that also includes the Visual IP InSight Client, and an integral part of the Cisco Systems' family of hardware and software VPN solutions. Its robust implementation of IP Security (IPSec) standards allows remote Windows 95/98 and NT 4.0 users to easily create secure and reliable VPN tunnel connections to a host network. Its features include support for DES and Triple DES (3DES) encryption, authentication with digital certificates, pre-shared keys, RA & CA SCEP enrollment and Xauth and is designed to fully complement Microsoft's TCP/IP implementation.
Features and Benefits of the Cisco Secure VPN Client 1.1:The security services offered by the Cisco Secure VPN Client 1.1 include: packet confidentiality (through encryption), packet integrity/authentication (through Keyed Hash), and identity authentication (via Digital Signatures and X.509 certificates exchanged during secure handshake) and Xauth for IKE Tunnel Authentication.
1. Full compliance with IPSec and related standards- Support for Tunnel Mode or Transport Mode security- DES, 3DES, MD-5, and SHA-1 algorithms- Internet Key Exchange (IKE) using ISAKMP/Oakley Handshake and Key Agreement
2. Interoperates with virtually all PC Windows communications devices: LAN adapters, modems, PCMCIA cards, comm port drivers, and so on
3. Intuitive graphical user interface for configuring security policy and managing certificates
4. Easy to install and transparent to use; central configuration for easy deployment to end-users
5. Security policy can be exported and protected as read only by the administrator
6. Compatible with X.509 Certificate Authorities, including Windows 2000 Certificate Services, Verisign Onsite, Entrust VPN Connector and Netscape Certificate Management System (CMS) using the Cisco Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP).
7. Includes Visual Networks IP InSight Client that provides services level agreement (SLA) monitoring-compatible with Cisco Systems SLA Manager.
For additional information on the Cisco Secure VPN Client, refer to the data sheet at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/cisco/mkt/security/vpncli/prodlit/csvpn_ds.htm
* An unrestricted license for the Cisco Secure VPN software will be available to download with the 7100 ISM, 7200 ISA, and the 1700 VPN module at no additional charge provided you have a SmartNet contract. The above part numbers should be used when ordering the standalone software package.
Please refer to the Pricing Agent on CCO for specific product pricing.
Software application support, software application support plus upgrade are available for Cisco Secure VPN Client 1.1. The following table summarizes available Cisco Secure VPN Client support services products: