Element Manager Software for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series
The Element Manager Software (EMS) for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and the Cisco 7600 Series meets the current and future business requirements of service providers and enterprises, providing a robust management, deployment, and provisioning solution for Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series switches and the Cisco 7600 Series. This software enhances the ability to deliver new, profitable IP-based services to customers while containing operating costs and improving service levels.
The Element Manager Software module leverages the Cisco Element Manager Framework (CEMF) version 3.2 to manage and monitor one or more Cisco Catalyst 6500 Switches or 7600s. Through an intuitive user interface, the EMS solution eases and accelerates deployment, enables efficient operation of large network environments, and streamlines the provisioning process. It also provides fault and element management for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 without requiring detailed knowledge of the Cisco IOS® Software or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
Specifically, the EMS provides standard element management capabilities such as fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security (FCAPS) for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series. The EMS can be used via the CEMF GUI interface or through higher-level applications that access the EMS using Northbound (CORBA) interfaces provided by CEMF.
The EMS for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series provides device-specific element management for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series in the following areas:
- Fault management—Provides status updates on chassis, module, interfaces, and the mapping of system log (syslog) messages and MIB traps to alarms.
- Configuration management—Enables configuration of chassis IP details; provides the ability to download new versions of the Cisco IOS Software; enables configuration of virtual LANs (VLANs), VTP, EtherChannels, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Hot Routing Standby Routing Protocol (HSRP), IS-IS; and provides inventory details for chassis and modules.
- Accounting—Is delivered via third-party ecosystem partners and OSS vendors such as Portal, Belle, and Convergys.
- Performance monitoring—Provides statistics such as CPU and memory usage on the supervisor and backplane utilization.
- Security—Provides a flexible way to restrict access by user, group, and feature.
Physical View of the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series
Product Solutions and Services
Cisco Element Management—Cisco Element Manager Framework with Individual Element Managers
CEMF provides consistency and powerful event management across a common user interface.
Element Management Software—Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series
Product Specifications for C65/76M 2.0
- CEMF 3.2 and Solaris 2.8; CEMF 3.1 and Solaris 2.6
Supports Cisco Catalyst 6500 or Cisco 7600 with the following Cisco IOS Software Releases
Supervisor 1A with MSFC or MSFC2:
- 12.1(3a)E3 to 12.1(10)EX
- EMS for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 runs on Sun computer systems (workstations and servers)
|Server System Requirements
- The EMS can be deployed in several different configurations, from a single hardware system to a multisite distributed management system.
- Use Sun Ultra 60 or enterprise-class server such as Sun Enterprise 450, configured as follows:
- 17-inch color monitor
- 6 x 9 GB 10,000-rpm disks on three Ultra SCSI controllers
- 2 GB memory per CPU (440-MHz processors for large scale)
- 2 GB swap space
- 24-bit Sun graphics card
- Miscellaneous resources: CD-ROM drive, DAT tape backup
Note: For large-scale deployments, fault-tolerant options are available (for example, Sun Netra FT1800)
|Supported Line Cards
- WS-C6006-6 slot Cisco Catalyst 6000 series chassis
- WS-C6009-9 slot Cisco Catalyst 6000 series chassis
- WS-C6506-6 slot Cisco Catalyst 6500 series chassis
- WS-C6509-9 slot Cisco Catalyst 6500 series chassis
- WS-C6513-13 slot Cisco Catalyst 6500 series chassis
- OSR-7603-3 slot Cisco 7600 chassis
- OSR-7606-6 slot Cisco 7600 chassis
- OSR-7609-9 slot Cisco 7600 chassis
- WS-C6509-NEB Vertical 9-slot chassis
- WS-CAC-4000W 4000W AC power supply
- WS-CAC-2500W 2500W AC power supply
- WS-CDC-2500W 2500W DC power supply
- WS-CDC-1900W 1900W DC power supply
- WS-CAC-1900W 1900W AC power supply
- WS-CAC-1300W 1300W AC power supply
- WS-CDC-1300W 1300W DC power supply
- WS-CAC-1000W 1000W AC power supply
- WS-CAC-950W 950W AC power supply
- WS-CDC-950W 950W DC power supply
- WS-C6500-SFM Switch Fabric Module
- WS-C6500-SFM2 Switch Fabric Module 2
- WS-X6K-SUP1A-MSFC Supervisor 1A with MSFC
- WS-X6K-S1A-MSFC2 Supervisor 1A with MSFC2
- WS-X6K-S2-MSFC Supervisor 2 with MSFC2
- WS-X6224-100FX-MT 24-port 100FX, MT-RJ
- WS-X6324-100FX-MM 24-port 100FX, MT-RJ, multimode fiber, 128k per port packet buffers
- WS-X6248-RJ-45 48-port 10/100TX, RJ-45
- WS-X6248-TEL 48-port 10/100TX, RJ-21
- WS-X6248A-TEL 48-port 10/100TX, RJ-21, 128K per port packet buffers
- WS-X6348-RJ-45 48-port 10/100TX, RJ-45, 128k per port packet buffers
- WS-X6348-RJ45V 48-port 10/100TX, RJ-45, 128k per port packet buffers with inline power
- WS-X6408-GBIC 8-port Gigabit Ethernet
- WS-X6408A-GBIC 8-port Gigabit Ethernet with enhanced quality of service (QoS)
- WS-X6416-GBIC 16-port Gigabit Ethernet
- WS-X6416-GE-MT 16-port Gigabit Ethernet, MT-RJ
- WS-X6416-GE-MT 16-port Gigabit Ethernet, single fabric-enabled connection
- WS-X6316-GE-TX 16-port Gigabit Ethernet, RJ-45
- PA-T3+WS-C6006 6-slot Cisco Catalyst 6000 series chassis
|Supported Line Cards
- WS-C6009 9-slot Cisco Catalyst 6000 series chassis
Availability and Ordering Information
Cisco 6500/7600 Series Manager 2.0 CD+Doc Set and CEMF 3.2 CD+Doc set
Management license for 5 Cisco Catalyst 6500 chassis and Cisco 7600 chassis (spare part number that appears as an option under chassis ordering)
Management license for 25 Cisco Catalyst 6500 chassis and Cisco 7600 chassis (spare part number that appears as an option under chassis ordering)
Management license for 100 Cisco Catalyst 6500 chassis and Cisco 7600 chassis (spare part number that appears as an option under chassis ordering)
Management license for an unlimited number Cisco Catalyst 6500 and Cisco 7600 chassis (spare part number that appears as an option under chassis ordering)