Cisco Systems® announces the availability of CiscoWorks QoS Policy Manager (QPM) 3.1. CiscoWorks QPM enables end-to-end quality of service (QoS) for converged data, voice, and video, networks. As part of the CiscoWorks solution family, CiscoWorks QPM 3.1 combines traffic monitoring and configuration of differentiated services across the IP infrastructure by using the QoS mechanisms built into Cisco® routers and switches.
CiscoWorks QPM customers will have two purchasing options. CiscoWorks QPM with a 20-device restriction offers a cost-effective solution for smaller networks or for use in IP telephony pilots. CiscoWorks QPM with unrestricted device usage license is designed for enterprise production network deployments.
- Increased performance for historical traffic monitoring to set and validate QoS policies
- Better organized QoS template library for easier navigation plus updated IP telephony QoS templates based on Cisco AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated data) design recommendations
- More Cisco IOS® Software feature support including Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2S, differentiated services code point (DSCP) based Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), and new Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR) protocols (Real-Time Streaming Protocol [RTSP], SAP, and KaZaA2 for intelligent traffic classification
- Ability to scale, modify, and monitor Cisco AutoQoS voice policies on routers
- Role-based access control for monitoring tasks and audit trail
- Additional device support includes:
- Routers: Cisco 7300 Series Router, Cisco 3200 Series Mobile Access Router, Cisco 1760 Modular Access Router, Cisco uBR7246 Universal Broadband Router, and xDSL interfaces
- Cisco Catalyst® switches: Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch with Supervisor Engine 720G, Cisco Catalyst 6513 and 6503 switches, Cisco Catalyst 4503 and 4506 switches with Supervisor Engine II, III, or IV, Cisco Catalyst 4507 Switch with Supervisor Engine IV, Cisco Catalyst 4006 Switch with Supervisor Engine III or IV, Cisco Catalyst 2950 LRE switch, Cisco Catalyst 3550-24 PWR switch.
CiscoWorks QPM 3.1 20-device restricted license and unrestricted device license products will begin shipping June 20, 2003. Customers who want to purchase these products can place orders through their normal sales channels beginning June 10, 2003. Existing CiscoWorks QPM 3.0 20-device restricted license and unrestricted device usage license customers with current Cisco Software Application Support (SAS) contracts can request the CiscoWorks QPM 3.1 20-device restricted usage license or unrestricted device usage license update kits using their service contract number at http://www.cisco.com/upgrade beginning June 20, 2003.
Table 1 Table 1 Effective Dates
With the availability of CiscoWorks QPM 3.0, Cisco is announcing the end of sale for the following products (Table 2). Older versions will continue to have extended support contracts offered for them as indicated in Table 2.
Table 2 Product End-of-Sale Dates
|Part Number||Description||End of Sale||End of Support|
For additional product information, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/qpm/