Hydro utility builds foundation for powerful efficiencies and protection
As the main British Columbia electric distributor, BC Hydro provides 1.9 million residential, commercial, and industrial customers with energy. The hydro utility transformed to a digital business with Cisco connected networking, security, and smart grid solutions.
- Deliver reliable, high-quality services
- Enable remote automation and monitoring
- Connect applications over a common networking infrastructure
- Designed a smart grid based on Cisco Field Area Network architecture and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).
- Deployed Cisco Identity Services Engine and Cisco connected firewalls, mobile devices,and systems
- Cisco IoT Planning, Design and Implementation (PDI) Advanced Services and Cisco IoT Network Optimization (NOS) Advanced Services
- Increased data collection from once every two months to twice a day
- Controlled power outages
- Improved visibility for remote devices across the grid