Adopt a Comprehensive Virtual Workspace Strategy
With Cisco desktop and workspace virtualization solutions, your IT staff can address a broad range of workspace challenges, including:
- Proliferation of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) endpoints and mobile work environments
- Complexity and cost of enterprise desktop and mobile device management
- Windows migration and desktop refresh
- Security, compliance, and business continuity
Get a Solution that Works for Many Uses
Cisco Virtual Workspace (VXI) Smart Solution Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions address many use cases.
Cisco Virtual Workspace (VXI) Smart Solution
Increase business efficiency, productivity, and agility. Help enable a flexible workspace, including voice and video, to any device in any location. This solution combines Cisco data center, network, security and collaboration technologies. You get an end-to-end collaborative workspace solution that meets user's evolving work style, mobility, and device needs.
Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions
Provide IT with a choice of scalable and cost-effective data center infrastructures tailored to host various virtual desktop and application delivery models and meet different scalability requirements. Help IT provide users with a productive and highly secure, virtualized work environment, anywhere and on multiple devices.
Get the Service and Support You Need
With the Cisco Virtual Workspace solution, you can unify virtual desktop, voice, and video services, anywhere, on any device. This solution combines:
- Efficient, on-demand virtual desktop hosting
- Industry-leading networking for optimized service delivery
- Innovative unified communications and collaboration applications for virtualized environments
- Technologies from partners such as Citrix and VMware
Read the VXI at-a-glance (PDF - 916 KB) for details on this image.
Meet End-User Needs
The following table lists typical users and their needs, which our virtualization solutions can help you meet.
|Typical end user||Description||Example|
|Task workers||Require simple, non-personalized desktop services for limited applications||Call center employees, bank tellers, retail clerks, factory workers|
|Remote workers||Geographically dispersed, with varied locations, devices, and application needs||Teleworkers, outsourcers or contractors, offshore workers, branch office employees|
|Office workers (knowledge workers)||Require complex PC capabilities with personalization and diverse applications and devices||On-campus employees in finance, marketing, administration, and operations|
|Guest workers||Require temporary network access - including from their own devices - in a campus or branch for complex PC activities with standard applications||University lab students, training center visitors|
|Mobile worker (power users)||Require secure network access and application support for productivity and collaboration while off site or on the road||Sales, executives, field service team members|
Cisco Workspace Virtualization
Find out more about Cisco workspace virtualization:
- Cisco VXI poster (PDF - 2.28 MB)
- Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure Delivers Business Value, Savings (PDF - 490 KB)
- VXI reference architecture (PDF - 1.80 MB)
- An Interactive Journey through VXI
- Frost and Sullivan: VXI - Raising the Bar on Desktop Virtualization
Cisco Desktop Virtualization
Learn more about Cisco desktop virtualization:
- Cisco Solutions for Desktop Virtualization
- Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solution Brief
- Cisco Solution for Citrix XenDesktop (PDF - 3.4 MB)
- Cisco Solution for VMware View (PDF - 557 KB)
- Discover how Cisco Desktop Virtualization Solutions delivers uncompromised performance and user experience. (Video - 3:20 min)
- Petrochemical Company Meets IT Challenges (Video - 3:58 min)
Cisco VXI helps Yanshan centralize management of desktops and applications.
- Metro Health Optimizes Workflow
Desktop virtualization helps enhance patient care and data control and protection.
- Oak Hills School District (PDF - 2.4 MB)
Oak Hills delivers anytime, anywhere teaching and learning despite budget cuts.