Cisco Collaboration Preferred Architectures
Revised: December 22, 2017
Cisco is a leading innovator of collaboration technologies and solutions. To provide our partners and customers with expert design guidance and best practices for deploying collaboration solutions, we have developed and tested the following Preferred Architectures (PAs), illustrated in Figure 1:
- On-premises — All collaboration services are deployed and managed on the customer’s premises.
- Cloud — All collaboration services are hosted and managed in the cloud.
- Hybrid — Some collaboration services are deployed on-premises, while others are hosted in the cloud.
Figure 1 Preferred Architecture Deployment Models
Cisco Preferred Architectures (PAs) provide tested and recommended deployment models for specific market segments based on common use cases. They incorporate a subset of products from the Cisco Collaboration portfolio that is best suited for the targeted market segment and defined use cases. These deployment models are prescriptive and built to scale with an organization as its business needs change. This prescriptive approach simplifies the integration of multiple system-level components and enables an organization to select the deployment model that best addresses its business needs.
The PAs service the following market segments:
- Enterprise — Large deployments with 1,000 or more users.
- Midmarket — Small to medium deployments with up to 1,000 users.
To help partners and customers decide which Preferred Architecture to choose, and to provide guidance on how best to deploy each PA, we have written the following types of documentation, as represented in Figure 2:
- PA Overview Guides — Describe the main components and their roles within the Preferred Architectures. They are pre-sales documents intended to help customers and sales teams select the Preferred Architecture that best fits their requirements.
- PA Cisco Validated Design (CVD) Guides — Are post-sales documents that describe the Preferred Architectures in detail, provide design and deployment recommendations and best practices, and outline the PA deployment procedures and steps at a high level.
Figure 2 Preferred Architecture Documentation