This section describes the methods used in troubleshooting the router. The troubleshooting methods are organized according to the major subsystems in the router.
If you are unable to solve a problem on your own, you can contact a Cisco customer service representative for assistance. When you call, have the following information ready:
- Date you received the router and the chassis serial number (label located on the chassis, see xref “Serial Number Label Location” section.
- Installed SPAs.
- Use the show platform command to determine which SPAs are installed if possible.
- Cisco software release number.
- Use the show version command to determine this information if possible.
- Brief description of the symptoms and steps you have taken to isolate and solve the issue.
- Maintenance agreement or warranty information.