The 9-slot, vertical-chassis Cisco Catalyst 6509-NEB-A Switch has front-to-back airflow and is ideally suited for service-provider environments or for those enterprise customer environments in which front-to-back airflow is preferred. The Cisco Catalyst 6509-NEB-A supports Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series end-to-end operational consistency benefits.
Supports all Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series modules, including:
- Supervisor engines
- Fast Ethernet modules (with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet [PoE])
- Gigabit Ethernet modules (with IEEE 802.3af PoE)
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet modules
- Flex WAN modules
- Shared Port Adaptors/SPA Interface Processors
- Multi-Gigabit services modules (content services, firewall, intrusion detection, IP Security [IPSec], VPN, network analysis, and Secure Sockets Layer [SSL] acceleration)
The Cisco Catalyst 6509-NEB-A supports both Cisco Catalyst OS and Cisco IOS Software. It also supports up to a 6000W power supply, thus providing the ability to support large numbers of IEEE 802.3af PoE devices.
The Cisco Catalyst 6509-NEB-A provides maximum uptime with redundancy and rapid (1 to 3 seconds) stateful failover across supervisor engines. It supports modular Cisco IOS Software to minimize unplanned downtime through self-healing processes and simplifies software changes through subsystem in-service software upgrades.
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches At-a-Glance)
Pervasive Embedded Application Intelligence and Security Cisco Catalyst 6500 Supervisor Engine 32 PISA (PDF - 478 KB)
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches Bulletins)
(All Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches White Papers)