Secure Communications from Anywhere
When a growing organization expands to multiple locations, one of the challenges it faces is how to interconnect remote sites to the corporate network. As network security risks increase and regulatory compliance becomes essential, it is important to address these critical needs.
You can dramatically increase the reach of your network without significantly expanding your infrastructure by using Cisco IOS IPsec VPNs. IPsec is a robust, standards-based encryption technology that enables your organization to securely connect branch offices and remote users and provides significant cost savings compared to traditional WAN access such as Frame Relay or ATM. One of the most widely deployed network security technologies today, IPsec VPNs provide high levels of security through encryption and authentication, protecting data from unauthorized access.
- Increases employee productivity -- Enables anytime, anywhere secure access to corporate resources
- Controls access to business resources -- Prevents unauthorized access to information assets by providing identity-based access control
- Supports evolving business needs -- Extends new applications to remote locations by supporting data, voice, video, and multimedia applications
- Enhances business efficiency -- Reduces costs associated with deployment and management by using a single, easy-to-install, easy-to-use secure communications solution
- Cisco Site-to-Site VPN Technologies Comparison (PDF - 43.6 KB)