The connectivity, flexibility, and adaptability of cloud services are major enablers of workplace transformation. For businesses that need a global, single-pane-of-glass view of systems operations, but still want to keep their Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (UCM) calling workload on-premises, Cisco Webex® Cloud-Connected UC is the bridge to getting the best of both worlds.
● A Cisco cloud subscription service that provides a centralized, administrative single-pane view of the entire Cisco unified communications deployment
● Adds a cloud plugin for connecting on-premises Cisco UC apps and servers to the Webex cloud, with dashboard access through the Cisco Webex Control Hub
● Included for free with the Cisco Collaboration Flex Plan Enterprise Agreement and Named User
● Requires Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) Release 11.5 or newer software
● Initial availability in North America starts August 2020 and supports Cisco UCM and Cisco IM and Presence Manager
● Global availability is targeted for October 2020, and will add support for Cisco Unity® Connect, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), and Cisco Expressway™
● Initial services will include historical analytics dashboards
● Additional supplemental services will be added in subsequent releases, starting around October 2020, to centralize service upgrades, certificate management, and troubleshooting operations
● Webex Cloud-Connected UC does not replace Cisco Prime® Collaboration Assurance (PCA)
Webex Cloud-Connected UC offers a centralized, global administrative view of your Cisco unified communications applications deployment (Figure 1). Customers can use dashboards in the Webex Control Hub to review, assess, and manage operations of their deployment.
Administrative view of Webex Cloud-Connected UC
The initial analytics capabilities provide insights into:
● Quality-of-service analytics, for service improvements
● Endpoint and headset usage adoption, for usage trends
● Performance and capacity utilization, for planning
● Asset utilization recommendations, for optimization
● Support for visualization, with dynamic drill-down data filtering
Interface view of initial analytics capabilities of Webex Cloud-Connected UC
Near-term feature enhancements will add:
● Certificate management workflows. These workflows provide the ability to manage (add, delete) certificates of all UC apps centrally, across multiple clusters
● Upgrade workflows. Simplify planning for upgrades and automate pre- and post-checks for UCM upgrades to streamline the upgrade process across the deployment
● Troubleshooting workflows. Gain actionable diagnostic insights and proactive troubleshooting workflows at the level of entire deployments to improve admin productivity
Customer data security and privacy is assured by not sending any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to the cloud and ensuring full transparency with all customer data that is shared with Cisco. We also provide secure handling of data at rest and with data in transit, with end-to-end data encryption.
To learn more about Webex Cloud-Connected UC, talk to your Cisco account team or Cisco authorized partner.