The Cisco Jabber® platform is a unified communications application that lets you be more productive from anywhere on a broad array of devices. Find the right people, see if and how they are available, and collaborate using your preferred method.
Today’s global, distributed work environment has resulted in significant challenges for workers, making it harder to connect with the right people and significantly increasing the quantity and modes of communications. Organizations of all sizes are striving to improve communications in order to retain customers, compete for new business, control costs, and grow their business globally.
Cisco Jabber for Android 11.9 streamlines communications and enhances productivity by unifying presence, instant messaging, video, voice, voice messaging, file transfer, and conferencing capabilities securely into one client on a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). Cisco Jabber for Android delivers highly secure, clear, and reliable communications. It offers flexible deployment models, and is built on open standards. You can communicate and collaborate effectively from anywhere you have an Internet connection (Figures 1 and 2).
Figure 1. Cisco Jabber for Android (on Android Phone)
Figure 2. Cisco Jabber for Android (on Android Tablet)
Features and Benefits
● Business-class IP telephony and video brought to your mobile device: Powered by the market-leading Cisco® Unified Communications Manager call-control solution, the Cisco Jabber solution provides enterprise-grade telephony with high-fidelity audio and standards-based video capabilities. These features mean that high-quality and high-availability voice and video telephony is available when you need it, whether you are in the office or mobile. You can also hand off calls to your mobile provider's network as you leave Wi-Fi coverage or move Cisco Jabber calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone to continue a conversation on a different phone.
● Secure firewall-traversal technology that enables unbounded mobile use cases: Cisco Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access enables you to easily access your Jabber® collaboration services outside the corporate network, so you can be more productive when you are mobile. In contrast to VPN, it secures only Jabber traffic, helping ensure that your personal data does not cross the corporate network.
● Lower mobility costs: Cisco Jabber for Android allows you to place and receive calls over your corporate wireless LAN (WLAN) and telephony infrastructure. With Cisco Jabber for Android, you can place and receive calls when at home, in hotels, or at Wi-Fi hotspots. For Android phone and tablet users, that means reducing the number of mobile minutes used and saving on roaming charges. Because the Cisco Jabber application uses your Cisco Unified Communications Manager call-routing capabilities, you may be able to avoid long distance charges for international calls. You can reduce these costs further by using the optional Dial-Via-Office feature.
● Mobile privacy: Cisco Jabber for Android turns your Android phone and tablet into an extension on Cisco Unified Communications Manager. You appear to receive and make calls from your work phone number when using the Cisco Jabber application. Executive Android phone and tablet users benefit from this feature because they often want to keep their mobile number private when placing calls.
● Reduced communication delays with presence and contact information: The Cisco Jabber for Android application places all of your communication needs at your fingertips. The all-in-one client features voice, video, and instant messaging, and it enables you to see the availability of co-workers and colleagues within and outside your organization. You can immediately see who is offline, available, away, on the phone, presenting, or in a do-not-disturb state. You can create customized availability states such as “Gone to lunch. Back at 1 p.m.” to provide added context. These capabilities coupled with Cisco Jabber video calling help reduce communication drag and result in faster decision making and enhanced productivity.
● Ability to quickly communicate with borderless enterprise-class instant messaging: Instant messaging is an important communication option that lets you efficiently interact in today's multitasking business environment. Cisco Jabber for Android delivers enterprise-class instant messaging capabilities that are based on the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP). The solution provides personal and group chat so you can quickly connect with your business colleagues. Instant messaging is integrated with other communication capabilities so you can simply move between chats, audio conversations, and web conferences. You can even share your availability status and send instant messages to people outside your organization who may not be using the Cisco Jabber application. The enterprise-class instant messaging capabilities of this application provide more efficient, highly secure, flexible, and borderless collaboration.
Table 1 outlines Cisco Jabber for Android features and benefits.
Table 1. Features and Benefits
Use a single, intuitive interface for instant messaging with individuals and groups, voice and video calls, visual voicemail, voice and web conferencing, communication history, and integrated directories.
View real-time availability of co-workers and colleagues within and outside the enterprise network.
● Exchange and display presence availability information and instant messages with other Cisco Jabber users, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, the Cisco WebEx Connect® application, Microsoft Office Communicator and Lync, IBM Lotus Sametime, Google Talk, and many other XMPP‑compatible clients
● Exchange presence information with mobile devices using Cisco Jabber or third-party XMPP‑compatible clients
● Display customized availability messages
● Publish the location information of “on mobile”
Enterprise instant messaging
Chat in real time using instant messaging to save time and reduce phone tag. Several chat modes are supported, ranging from:
● Point-to-point chat with co-workers inside your network, or supported federated business and personal contacts
● Group chat, which enables multiple colleagues to communicate and collaborate in a single discussion
● Personal instant messaging history for your reference
● File transfer: Cisco Jabber for Android supports file transfer through instant messaging. You can send and receive a file in both the 1:1 chat and the group chat. Compliance and policy control are supported, and you can set up rules for file transfer such as limiting the size and the type of the files
● Receive screen capture: You can receive a screen capture sent from a Cisco Jabber desktop client
Cisco Spark / Jabber Interop2
Enables basic messaging between Cisco Spark and Jabber clients. Supported for users with access to the Cisco WebEx Messenger™ service.
Look up contacts quickly. Predictive search offers you suggestions as you type in a search query and can index your Cisco Jabber contact list, recent contacts, and personal phone address book contacts.
Choose the right communication tool for your situation. Escalate from a chat to an audio call, video call, screen share, or web meeting. Media escalations are as easy as clicking a button.
Video desktop share: Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) provides video desktop sharing capabilities for collaboration sessions across dedicated video endpoints, mobile devices, and personal computers running collaboration software. Cisco Jabber for Android officially supports receiving BFCP video sharing on TAB devices (normally used for Android tablets without native calling capability) and available as beta on BOT devices (smartphones).
Integrated voice and video telephony
Using the Cisco Jabber application on your Android phone and tablet, you can place and receive calls through Cisco Unified Communications Manager without incurring mobile or roaming charges.
Make, receive, and control your phone calls whether you are in or out of the office.
A variety of call-control options are available, including mute, call transfer, call park, and ad-hoc conferencing.
The Cisco Jabber application supports business-quality video communications. The standards-based video means you are not restricted to collaboration with just other Cisco Jabber clients. You can use voice and video when interacting with telepresence endpoints and room-based and multipoint videoconferencing systems.
The Cisco Jabber application allows you to switch active calls between shared lines with the hold and resume features on your Android phone and tablet.1
You can send/receive high-definition (HD) video on a call.
With the Far End Camera Control feature, you can direct cameras on the other end of video calls and control video display of how participant screens are shown using the Cisco Jabber application.
The enterprise-class IP telephony reliability and failover features of Cisco Unified Communications Manager are supported.
Jabber to Jabber Calling2
Jabber to Jabber calling provides basic voice and video calling capabilities between different Jabber clients without registering to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Jabber to Jabber calling is supported for users with access to the Cisco WebEx Messenger service.
Jabber to Jabber calling functionality includes:
● Place, answer and end a Jabber to Jabber call
● Mute or unmute the audio, start and stop the video
Integration with Cisco Mobile Connect (Single Number Reach)
Cisco Mobile Connect enables you to receive calls placed to your work phone number on your Android phone and tablet with cellular call capability (through the Global System for Mobile Communications [GSM]) whenever the Cisco Jabber application is not running on your Android phone and tablet or is not connected to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Handoff to mobile voice network
You can hand off your voice-over-IP (VoIP) call to your mobile operator's network as you leave buildings, so you have freedom to move about without interrupting your calls.
Initiate a web meeting session directly from Cisco Jabber for Android. This initiation will launch the Cisco WebEx® meetings application on the Android phone and tablet.
With one click, you can escalate an instant messaging conversation to audio and video conferencing using Cisco Cloud Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) or Cisco WebEx Personal Rooms (WebEx PR).
Access a history of your instant messaging conversations.
Visual voice message access
Access and manage your voice messages:
● View, play back, and delete voice messages from Cisco Unity® Connection
● Secure messaging is provided, with support for private, urgent, and encrypted voice messages
Secure mobile and remote access
We offer our customers deployment options to access the Jabber application outside the corporate network.
● Cisco Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access firewall traversal technology enables you to easily access your Jabber collaboration services outside the corporate network, securing only the Jabber traffic
● Cisco AnyConnect® VPN secures the entire device, providing remote access to the Jabber platform and all services on the corporate network
Encrypt instant messaging communications using up to 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL) connections.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Single Sign-On allows Cisco Jabber users to securely access all Jabber services without being prompted to log into each of them separately. The Cisco Jabber application uses authentication performed by the corporate Identity Provider. The Identity Provider can control the authentication experience for Cisco Jabber users, for example, by prompting users for their enterprise username and password once when the Cisco Jabber application is first run and by specifying the length of time users are authorized to use Cisco Jabber services.
The Cisco Jabber platform uses the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), which is an XML-based open standard data format that enables access to a defined set of Cisco services transparently after verifying credentials with an Identity Provider. SAML Single Sign-On can be enabled for Cisco WebEx Messenger™ Services, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and Cisco Unity Connection. Single Sign-On is deployed for use with Cisco Jabber clients using service discovery.
Flexible deployment models
Cisco Jabber for Android can be deployed on-premises or on-demand, offering IT departments the flexibility to choose the model that best suits their business. In addition, Cisco Jabber can be deployed in the following modes:
Instant Messaging-Only Mode
You can use the Cisco Jabber application for instant messaging and presence capabilities without enabling phone services for deployments that do not have access to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
You can use the Cisco Jabber application as a phone-only client without the instant messaging and presence service on your Android phone and tablet. In this mode, Cisco Jabber for Android turns your Android phone and tablet into a full-featured Cisco Unified IP Phone with video capability.
Full Unified Communications Support
Full unified communications mode enables all Cisco Jabber capabilities including instant messaging and presence, voice and video, and visual voicemail.
Android for Work support
Cisco Jabber for Android supports preconfiguration of the application based on the Android for Work mechanism. With this feature, company administrators can preconfigure and distribute Cisco Jabber for Android to the entire company through some enterprise mobility management providers.3
Cisco Jabber for Android supports IPv6 enabled networks. Administrators can configure to use IPv4, IPv6, or dual stack networks.
App on Android Wear
Cisco Jabber for Android provides an app on Android Wear, with this App you can:
● Check new chat messages and reply a chat with Google Now, emoticons, and pre-defined messages
● Answer/Decline a call, check recent calls and call back from resents
● Play a new voice message
Arabic, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean , Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
1 Feature available only in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.5 or later.
2 Before enabling the Jabber to Jabber calling features, the administrator must contact Cisco Customer Support or the assigned Cisco Customer Success Manager to migrate users from the Cisco WebEx Messenger Server to the Cisco Common Identity Server.
3 Supported only on Android mobile devices with Android OS Version 5.0 or later. Cisco has tested the solution with Airwatch.
Table 2 lists the operating systems and devices supported for Cisco Jabber for Android (refer to the release notes for more details).
Table 2. Cisco Unified Communications System Requirements
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(2) or later
Instant messaging and presence
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager Instant Messaging and Presence Service 9.1(2) or later
● Cisco WebEx Messenger Services
● Cisco WebEx Messenger Contact Service
● Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services for Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
● Open Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (OpenLDAP) 2.4 or later
● Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (AD LDS) or Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM)
● Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Service (UDS) with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(2) or later
● Cisco TelePresence® Server 3.1 or later
● Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) 4.3 or later
● Cisco Integrated Services Router (with Cisco Packet Voice DSP Module 3 [PVDM3])1
● Cisco WebEx Meetings Server with Collaboration Meeting Room
● Cisco WebEx Meeting Center T28 or later
● Cisco WebEx Meetings Server 2.0 or later
● Cisco Unity Connection 9.1(2) or later
Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST)
Cisco Jabber for Android supports the following features with Cisco Unified SRST Version 8.5:
● Basic call functions
● Ability to hold and resume calls
Cisco Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access
Cisco Expressway Series for Cisco Unified Communications Manager2
● Cisco Expressway-E, Version 8.1.1 or later
● Cisco Expressway-C, Version 8.1.1 or later
Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS)
● Cisco VCS Expressway, Version 8.1.1 or later
● Cisco VCS Control, Version 8.1.1 or later
1 Cisco Integrated Services Router (with PVDM3) is not supported over the Cisco Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access. It is supported with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6(2) or later.
2 Cisco Expressway 8.5.0 is required for Single Sign-On deployment.
Device and OS Requirements
Cisco officially supports Cisco Jabber for Android on the following Android devices (refer to the release notes for more details including Android operating system version support and any potential updates):
● Samsung devices that meet the minimal hardware requirement
● Google Nexus 4, 5, 5X, 6, 7, 9, 10,Pixel C Pixel and Pixel XL
● Blackberry Priv
● Sony Xperia ZR, M2, Z1, Z2, Z2 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z3 plus, Z4 tablet, Z5, Z5 Preminum and XZ
● LG G2, G3, G4, G5, Optimus G Pro and V10
● HTC One Max, M7, M8, M9, E9 Plus, A9, and X9
● Motorola Moto G, Moto Z Droid, Moto X and MC40
● Huawei Ascend G6, Mate 7, Mate 8, P8, P9, M2 , Honor 7 and Mate 9
● Xiaomi Mi 4, Mi 4C, Mi 5, Redmi 3, Redmi 3 Note, Mi Note, Mi Note 2, Mi Pad and Mi Pad 2
● Sonim XP7
● Fujitsu Arrows M305, M357 and M555
● Honeywell Dolphin CT50
● Cisco DX 650, DX70 and DX80
● Zebra MC67
● Panasonic Toughpad FZ-X1
Note: Although not officially supported, the Cisco Jabber application runs on many Android devices with various degrees of limitations depending on the device. Refer to the release notes for more details. Consult the Cisco Support Forums at http://supportforums.cisco.com or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problems with unsupported devices.
Samsung Knox Support
Cisco supports Cisco Jabber for Android running in the Samsung Knox Version 2.6 on the following Android devices:
● Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android OS 6.0.1 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android OS 6.0.1 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy S6 (Android OS 5.1.1 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Android OS 5.1.1 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (Android OS 5.1.1 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android OS 4.4.0 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Android OS 5.1.1 or later)Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android OS 4.4.0 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (Android OS 4.4.0 or later)
● Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (Android OS 4.4.0 or later)
● Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5 (Android OS 4.4.0 or later)
Mobile Device Management Support
Cisco Jabber for Android is distributed through Google Play and Cisco.com. It is not available with Mobile Device Management (MDM) wrappers through these distribution channels. MDM wrapping is available as a Customer Connection Program offering for customers who wish to pursue this option.
Find warranty information on Cisco.com at the Product Warranties page.
You can download Cisco Jabber for Android for free from the Google Play Store. The instant messaging and presence services in the application are free for organizations with a license to use Cisco Unified Communications Manager instant messaging and presence or the Cisco WebEx Messenger application. To use the software with telephony capabilities, additional licensing may be required to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Homepage. Cisco Jabber for Android is a part of Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing. Please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/workspace_licensing for more information and to determine whether Cisco Unified Workspace licensing is appropriate for your organization.
To enable Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for VPN access on Cisco Jabber for Android, you will need a Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance and the corresponding Cisco AnyConnect Essentials and Cisco AnyConnect Mobile licenses. To learn more, please visit the Cisco ASA website.
Cisco Unified Communications Services
Cisco and our certified partners can help you deploy a highly secure, resilient Cisco Unified Communications Solution so you can meet aggressive deployment schedules and accelerate your business advantage. The Cisco portfolio of services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks.
The unique Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle. Customized planning and design services focus on creating a solution that meets your business needs. Award-winning technical support increases operational efficiency. Remote management services simplify day-to-day operations, and optimization services enhance solution performance as your business needs change.
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco Jabber application, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/jabber or contact your local Cisco account representative.