Over the past several years, pluggable optics have progressed not only in speed, but also in complexity to support ever increasing data rates. This complexity is not without consequence. With today’s 100G optics, it now affects your network hardware cost and fiber infrastructure design.
To address this, Cisco has taken the first step toward a vision that is based on single-lambda 100G optics. Single-lambda 100G enables you to position yourself for future upgrades to 400G or new 100G form factors without sacrificing your investment today.
● Connect to 400G switches and routers without sacrificing port bandwidth
● Establish low-cost 100G links up to 2 km over duplex Single- Mode Fiber (SMF) using duplex LC connectors
● Interoperate with any optic compliant with the 100G Lambda MSA (Multi-Source Agreement) 100G-FR specification
● Connect 100G leaf and spine switches in data center applications
Cisco® Optics provides operational flexibility for network operators
The first product in Cisco’s line of single-lambda 100G optics is the 100G FR (Product ID: QSFP-100GFR-S). With 100G FR, you can:
● Transition your network to next-generation smaller 100G form factors without sacrificing early investment
● Upgrade to 400G host platforms one site at a time
● Adopt a PAM4-based optical standard that interoperates with 400G transceivers
As a network operator, you can always count on Cisco to focus on optics solutions that provide real-world benefits.
Protect your investment with QSFP28 100G FR, preparing your network today for the network upgrades you’ll need tomorrow. For additional information, visit https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/service-provider/innovation/optics.html.