Unified CCX Release Notes 10.5(1)
Introduction to Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Release 10.5(1)
Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Release 10.5(1) is a minor release following Release 10.0(1).
For information about the upgrade paths and upgrade time, see the "Unified CCX Upgrade" section of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Installation and Upgrade Guide, located at:
New and Updated Features for Unified CCX
Cisco Finesse-Based Outbound
Progressive and Predictive Outbound
The Unified CCX Progressive and Predictive Agent Outbound feature allows for outbound calls to be placed to contacts and then for live contacts to be serviced by agents.
Direct Preview Outbound
Agents can use the Finesse agent desktop to preview an outbound call before accepting the call.
Cisco Finesse-Based Multisession Webchat
Agents can handle multiple chat sessions. The administrator can configure one to five sessions and the agent will be presented with the configured number of Webchat contacts. The administrator can also configure if voice calls are to be offered to the agent when on chat.
For Cisco Agent Desktop, only single-session chat is available.
If configured, predefined responses are available to all agents in the Manage Chats gadget on the Finesse Agent Desktop.
The administrator can set an alias for the agents. When an agent is on chat, the alias of the agent is displayed to the customer.
Chat Transcript Download
The customer can download the chat transcripts as a PDF at the end of the chat session. This option is also available on Cisco Agent Desktop.
Unified CCX supports IPv6 dual stack and IPv4-only addressing. The following continue to function with IPv4:
- Cisco Agent Desktop
- Cisco SocialMiner
- Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Text to Speech (TTS) engines. IPv6-only phones cannot take part in ASR/TTS.
- Cisco MediaSense-based recording works with IPv4. It does not work for IPv6-only phones.
- Quality Management-based recording works with IPv4. It does not work for IPv6-only phones.
- Cisco Unified Workforce Management (WFM)
For more information, see the "IPv6 Support" section of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at:
The phone numbers of the imported contacts to place outbound calls can be in +E.164 format.
This feature is available only for Finesse.
Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) port directory number and its advance settings support +E.164 numbering pattern where applicable.
Trigger advanced settings support +E.164.
Finesse Multiline Support
Finesse supports the use of multiple lines on agent phones. You can configure one or more secondary lines on an agent phone. Although the agent's ACD line must be in button positions 1 - 4, the first four lines (ACD and non-ACD lines) on the phone are observed for setting the agent's state.
Direct Transfer Across Line (DTAL) and Join Across Line (JAL) are not supported.
Live Data Reports
The following new Live Data reports are available in Unified CCX:
Agent Outbound Team Summary Report
Chat Agent Statistics Report
Provides chat agent statistics.
Chat CSQ Summary Report
Provides chat agent statistics and contact statistics for a Contact Service Queue (CSQ).
The following new Historical reports are available for the Outbound feature in Unified CCX:
Agent Outbound Campaign Summary Report
Provides call statistics for agent-based progressive and predictive outbound campaigns.
Agent Outbound CCDR Report
Provides progressive and predictive agent outbound call-related information.
Agent Outbound Half Hourly Report
Provides information about progressive and predictive agent outbound calls for every half hour in the time range when the campaign is active.
Outbound Agent Detail Performance Report
Provides detailed statistics for each agent by campaign (progressive and predictive).
The following real-time reports are updated for the Chat and Outbound features:
Chat Resource Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Stats Report
To view real-time Unified CCX chat resource information.
Outbound Campaign Stats Report
To view real-time statistics for each IVR-based and agent-based progressive and predictive outbound campaign. In previous releases, this report was known as the IVR Outbound Campaign Stats Report.
Overall Outbound Stats Report
To view real-time statistics across all IVR-based and agent-based progressive and predictive campaigns. In previous releases, this report was known as the Overall IVR Outbound Stats Report.
Resource Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Stats Report
To view real-time agent information for direct preview, progressive, and predictive agent-based campaigns.
Live Data Reports
In the Voice CSQ Summary Report, the Since Midnight view is updated to include the following new fields:
The Outbound IVR license functionality is extended to include both Outbound IVR as well as progressive and predictive agents. Direct preview outbound is included with a premium agent license.
New Variables Added to Retrieve Session Information
New variables are added to the "Get Session Info" step of Unified CCX Editor for IVR-based and agent-based progressive and predictive outbound campaigns. These variables also are included in the session for an outbound call that is transferred to IVR and is received by the answering machine or is abandoned. You must define the variables in the script editor before you can retrieve the session information.
The following new variables are added:
Limitations and Restrictions
Unsupported Languages for Chat Transcript Download
The default language of the chat transcript PDF is English for customers whose languages (locales) are not supported by SocialMiner. The chat transcript PDF supports all languages that SocialMiner supports except for the following:
If you type in any of the unsupported languages, the PDF will have a blank line in place of the line that is in the unsupported language.
Unsupported Websites for Cisco Agent Desktop
The Cisco Agent Desktop-integrated browser does not support websites that use cross-domain Adobe Flash.
Unsupported Options on Finesse for Direct Preview Outbound
Finesse does not support Skip, Skip-Next, Skip-Close, Reject, Cancel Reservation, and Do Not Call for direct preview outbound calls.
Unsupported Features and Configurations for Progressive and Predictive Agent Outbound
- The Progressive and Predictive Agent Outbound feature is not supported on Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE).
- The "Get Reporting Statistic" step is not supported for progressive and predictive agent-based outbound campaigns.
- Unified CCX does not support the translation or modification of the phone number that it uses to dial outbound calls. Any "voice translation rules" that are configured in the gateway that modifies the phone number are not supported.
You can use either of the following two supported methods to modify a dialed number in the gateway:
- For Outbound campaigns outside North America, additional configuration is required to add the area-code-to-time-zone mapping. For more information, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Administration Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html.
- For multi-country Outbound campaigns, area code must also include the country code.
- Unified CCX dialer will dial outbound contacts only if the publisher database is "IN SERVICE" state.
- Finesse does not support the Do Not Call option.
- License usage is not captured in the License Utilization Cisco Unified Intelligence Center report.
- Enable Agent AutoAnswer manually for agent-based progressive and predictive calls when you upgrade from an older Unified CCX release to 10.5(1) release.
Unsupported Configuration for IPv6
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not support SIP IPv6 signaling over User Datagram Protocol (UDP) where the maximum transmission unit (MTU) is greater than 1500. To ensure that you do not experience intermittent call failure, change the transport protocol to TCP. For more information, see the "Important Notes" section of the Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager , Release 10.5(1) , located at: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/products-release-notes-list.html Also, see "CSCuo71306" for details on this limitation.
- Use Cisco IOS version 15.3(3)M3 for voice gateway. For more information, see "CSCul43754".
Unsupported Configurations and Scenarios for Unified CCX
Unified CCX does not support the following configurations:
- Shared lines for CTI ports and CTI route points.
- Expansion servers, except for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Text-To-Speech (TTS), SocialMiner and MediaSense, which must be separate, dedicated servers.
- ICD call answer/transfer using any third-party attendant console desk software.
- Use of "Place Call Step" to generate a call and thereafter placing this call in a queue within the same script.
- SIP REFER between a switchboard and Unified CCX if the transfer is completed after the call has been answered on the Unified CCX CTI port because of media reestablishment issues.
- During TTS prompt playback, if the call is put on hold and then retrieved, the prompt does not continue from the position at which it was left.
- Use of "Consult Transfer/Redirect Step" from scripts to a translation pattern that maps back to a route point.
- Use of "Place Call Step" to invoke or dial into "MeetMe" conferences.
Unsupported Actions for Unified CCX Agents
Use of the following softkeys on a Cisco Unified IP Phone is not supported:
Unsupported and Supported Configurations for Agent Phones
Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones
The following configurations are not supported for agent phones:
- Two lines on an agent phone that have the same extension but exist in different partitions.
- Unified CCX extension that is assigned to multiple devices.
- Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. (Configuring a Unified CCX extension in a single device profile is supported.)
- In the Unified Communication Manager Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Maximum Number of Calls to a value other than 2.
- In the Unified Communication Manager Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Busy Trigger to a value other than 1.
- Configuring a Cisco Unified IP Phone with Secure Real-Time Protocol (SRTP) for use in silent monitoring and recording.
- No Cisco Unified Communications Manager device can be forwarded to the Unified CCX extension of an agent.
- The Unified CCX extension of an agent cannot be configured to forward to a Cisco Unified CCX route point.
- Use of characters other than the numerals 0–9 in the Unified CCX extension of an agent.
- Configuring the Unified Communication Manager intercom feature.
- Configuring the hold reversion feature.
- Agent extensions cannot be added to hunt lists/groups. If an agent has only one line, then the agent phone can not be part of a hunt list/group. In the case of multiple line, none of the monitored lines should be part of the hunt group. For more details on multiple lines support and number of monitored lines, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Design Guide, located at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html.
- The following operations are not supported in Cisco Agent Desktop/Cisco Supervisor Desktop if you are using Cisco Jabber for Windows as agent phone:
Supported Configurations for Agent Phones
To determine the phone devices that are supported by Cisco Agent Desktop and for use by Cisco Unified IP Phone agents, see the Compatibility Matrix for Unified CCX, located at:
The following configurations are supported on agent phones:
In this configuration, only one agent at a time can be logged in.
All agents who currently have the Unified CCX extension to be shared must log out before you configure additional agents to share that extension.
Unsupported Features in Unified Communications Manager and Cisco BE 6000
The following Unified Communications Manager features are not supported by Unified CCX. These features are disabled by default and should not be enabled for Unified CCX. For more information about these features, see Unified Communications Manager documentation, located at:
- Block External to External Transfer.
- DSCP IP CTIManager to Application service parameter. You can enable this service parameter for Unified Communications Manager but it does not affect Unified CCX.
- Advanced Ad Hoc Conference Enabled service parameter.
- Drop ad hoc conference when creator leaves.
- Signaling (QSIG) Path Replacement (PR). This feature must be disabled when Unified CCX is deployed. To disable this feature, set the Unified CM service parameters Path Replacement Enabled and Path Replacement on Tromboned Calls to False.
- Forced Authorization Code and Client Matter Code. Because these features can be enabled per route pattern, you should turn them off for all route patterns in the Unified Communications Manager cluster that Unified CCX might use. Enabling these features for route patterns that Unified CCX does not use does not affect Unified CCX.
- Multilevel precedence and preemption (MLPP). You can enable this feature for devices in the cluster that do not interact with Unified CCX.
- Do not use Unified CM Administration to add or change CTI ports or route points that are used by Unified CCX or application users that are created by Unified CCX.
If you have an account with Cisco.com, you can use the Bug Search tool to find caveats of any severity for any release.
Access the Bug Search Tool at https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss. Enter the bug identifier in the search box and press Enter or click Search.
The following table lists all the caveats that are open for this release. The caveats are listed in order of severity by the bug identifier.
UCCX: CUIC security admin login ability lost after change of admin user
Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL - June 2014
Cannot mix alaw and ulaw
UCCX Distributed denial-of-service vulnerability on NTP server
UCCX: HR IVR OBCampaignSummary includes data beyond specified endtime
The following table lists all the caveats that are resolved for this release. The caveats are listed in order of severity by the bug identifier.
UCCX 22.214.171.12400-71 CAD emails are formatted incorrectly
CSCum57152UCCX chat agent ID is showed in wrong encoding
FNS vulnrble to XML external entity inject using DOCTYPE tag CSCuo27571
Failure Adding HA to UCCX 10 Cluster
UCCX - 6-7 sec Delay in starting the Convergence after Engine crash
UCCX: IVR Ports Not Incremented When 100 Agent OVF is Used
UCCX: Changing Security Password Does Not Update Internal UCCX Users
CAD Chat only looks at agent's name not agent ID when loading teams.
UCCX should not be able to delete the CUCM Applicaiton User
Wrong license package causes LDAP restore to be skipped
UCCX: Switch Version Fails When Semicolon In DialingList Field
CAD Buttons gets grayed out when answering consult transfer
CCX: PUT Backup Fails With Null Fields in ContactCallDetail Table
Agent state translated incorrectly in Russian
UCCX: Refresh Upgrade Installation Failing in Install DB Component
Outbound Start Time incorrect while modifying via REST API
Chat subsystem in partial service even with no Social Miner configured
Agent state alternates between Reserved and Ready
WF conf does not complete when conferenced num is longer than 7 digits
Enterprise field missing under Voice Contact Workflow in Workflow Admin
UCCX: CAD CSQ stats page doesn't display any data.
Media type 'Application/XML' not accepted for few campaign based restapi
User Dialog folder named incorrectly for Chinese language
UCCX: Failure to Run CUIC Reports After Installing 9.0(2)SU1ES3
AXL Communication Failures with Pre-10.0 CUCM After UCCX 9.0(2)SU1ES3
REST API returns incorrect value for campaign dial time
AppAdmin displays Error message on clicking configure resource
[DOC]: UCCX Reason Code Guides mention incorrect codes
UCCX: Unable to Login to UCCX Using Remote Support Account
UCCX:Uploading Script in UCCX Editor Yields 'Failed to save script file'
Misleading errors in logs durin SV failure induced due to an env issue.
Create Generated Prompt makes incorrect prompts 40000 (Russian language)
Unable to move/delete Annotate step in UCCX script editor
DOC: Agent State Summary by Agent Report contains 2 rows
9.0.2 SU1 release notes should have defect CSCue35477
UCCX: NTP synch fails due to issues on capture.txt
UCCX Guide Doesn't Document Unsupported Finesse Featrues
UCCX: IE won't upload zipped prompts
CCX Notifications Service stuck in Shtudown after upgrade to 10.0
Cross Frame Scripting Vulnerability in Cisco UCCX
UCCX Second Node Redirects To HTTPS IP Instead Of FQDN
perm validation failed in CUIC while reimporting the report - CSCuo08473
CAD randomly frozen for couple of min when an outbound call is presented
UCCX: SFTP session is kept open after a successful backup
UCCX: Configure Resource option under User View for agent throws error
UCCX: Need more robust handling of RMCM init issues due to cnfg errors
DOC: UCCX Port Guide shows CSD Chat port as 59020 but should have 59021
UCCX: 3 - 5 Second Delay on CAD When Answering New Call
UCCX: Agent PC Will Freeze Upon Macro Execution
Silent Monitor fails when Agent DN is greater than 12 digits
UCCX Refresh Upgrade fails with "Internal Error" at step 8
UCCX does not accept email addresses with .local in the domain name
CSD will only accept domain suffixes of three or less characters.
UCCX: Unable to upload prompt in UCCX 10
UCCX 9 Admin Guides incorrectly mention support for E.164
UCCX: CUIC XMPP information not updated after adding domain information
JTAPI logging page parameters reset
DOC: Web Chat CSQ Agent selection algorithm
The following table contains information on the known limitations in the latest Unified CCX release. We has evaluated these defects on a case-by-case basis. For each defect, we have determined that one of the following is true:
UCCX Engine remain in shutdown state
UCCX- Traffic Analysis wrong Summary calcualtions
Multiple issues with Russian localization in HRC
UCCX: ConstraintViolationException Causes W1 Restore Failure
CCX is case insensitive for user authentication but does not return role
DOC: Unable to view Live Data report in dashboard Permalink
To provide your feedback for this document, send an email to:
Documentation and Support
To download documentation, submit a service request, and find additional information, see What's New in Cisco Product Documentation at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/general/whatsnew/whatsnew.html.
You can also subscribe to the What's New in Cisco Product Documentation RSS feed to deliver updates directly to an RSS reader on your desktop. The RSS feeds are a free service. Cisco currently supports RSS Version 2.0.
THE SPECIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION REGARDING THE PRODUCTS IN THIS MANUAL ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ALL STATEMENTS, INFORMATION, AND RECOMMENDATIONS IN THIS MANUAL ARE BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE BUT ARE PRESENTED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. USERS MUST TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR APPLICATION OF ANY PRODUCTS.
THE SOFTWARE LICENSE AND LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE ACCOMPANYING PRODUCT ARE SET FORTH IN THE INFORMATION PACKET THAT SHIPPED WITH THE PRODUCT AND ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY THIS REFERENCE. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO LOCATE THE SOFTWARE LICENSE OR LIMITED WARRANTY, CONTACT YOUR CISCO REPRESENTATIVE FOR A COPY.
The Cisco implementation of TCP header compression is an adaptation of a program developed by the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) as part of UCB's public domain version of the UNIX operating system. All rights reserved. Copyright © 1981, Regents of the University of California.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER WARRANTY HEREIN, ALL DOCUMENT FILES AND SOFTWARE OF THESE SUPPLIERS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS. CISCO AND THE ABOVE-NAMED SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CISCO OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS MANUAL, EVEN IF CISCO OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Any Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and phone numbers used in this document are not intended to be actual addresses and phone numbers. Any examples, command display output, network topology diagrams, and other figures included in the document are shown for illustrative purposes only. Any use of actual IP addresses or phone numbers in illustrative content is unintentional and coincidental.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. To view a list of Cisco trademarks, go to this URL: http://www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. (1110R)
Copyright © 2014, Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.