This document describes a problem with Cisco Jabber for Windows, where you are unable to check voicemail or the notifications of new messages, and describes a solution to the problem.
Cisco Jabber for Windows is unable to check voicemail or the notifications of new messages. When you log in to Jabber and navigate to File > Option > Phone Accounts, the authentication information that you enter is not accepted.
Complete these steps in order to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check Cisco Unity Connection in order to determine if Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is used for authentication. Open the Unity Connection administration web page, and navigate to LDAP > LDAP Authentication. If the Use LDAP Authentication for End Users check box is checked, then LDAP is used in order to authenticate the user upon login attempts.
- In order to help determine the cause of the issue, attempt to log in to the Unity Connection Web Inbox. Navigate to https://<IP Unity Connection>/inbox, and attempt to log in. If you are rejected, it indicates that you have an issue with LDAP authentication.
- Complete these steps in order to reset the web authentication password:
- Open the Unity Connection administration web page, and navigate to LDAP > LDAP Authentication.
- Uncheck the Use LDAP Authentication for End Users check box.
- Select a user, and navigate to Edit > Change Password.
- Choose Web Authentication from the drop-down menu, and set the new password.
- Navigate to Edit Password Settings, and choose Web Application from the drop-down menu.
- Uncheck the User Must Change at Next Sign-In check box, if it is checked.
- Log in to Jabber, navigate to Phone Accounts > Voicemail, and enter the new password. If you are not rejected, then there is an issue with the LDAP authentication.
In Unity Connection, you find that the LDAP User Search Base is incorrect. If you have CallManager set for LDAP authentication, you can sometimes compare the settings to Unity Connection.
In CallManager, navigate to System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication, check the LDAP User Search Base, and compare it to the settings in Unity Connection.