This document describes the troubleshooting tools that are specific to the Cisco Information Server (CIS) SAP Business Warehouse (SAPBW) adapter.
Tracing and debugs are two of the different tools that are used in order to troubleshoot issues that involve SAPBW.
The debug process is completed with the log4j.properties file (<BASE_Install> > conf > server) in order to enable this line:
This line obtains the overall information about the API calls that Composite submits to the SAPBW datasource.
Tracing is used in order to capture the raw data that is received from the external SAPBW source so that you can better understand issues. When tracing is active, the data is recorded as it comes out of the SAPBW. Each call to the BW results in a pair of files in the file system (one HTML, and one XML) that contain the data. Since every SAP system can vary in terms of configuration, metadata, or behavior, you need this information in order to diagnose the problems for environments to which you do not have direct access.
Complete these steps in order to enable tracing:
- Verify that the CIS server is shutdown.
- Navigate to apps > dlm > app_ds_sapbw > conf > product.properties and edit the file in order to set the sapbw.trace= value to true.
It does not matter if your server log4j.properties file has the debug logging for the SAPBW adapter enabled also. The setting does not impact this type of tracing. You can optionally add this line in order to specify another directory for the trace files:
- Start the CIS.
- Perform the minimal steps that are needed in order to reproduce the issue. There are four new trace files in the file system (apps > dlm > app_ds_sapbw). Here is an example directory listing:
rwx-----+ 1 Administrators None 74585 Feb 27 20:22
rwx-----+ 1 Administrators None 2597673 Feb 27 20:22
rwx-----+ 1 Administrators None 66063 Feb 27 20:22
rwx-----+ 1 Administrators None 1065220 Feb 27 20:22
- Zip all four of these files into a single zip file (or equivalent archive) and email them to Composite support. With the use of these files, the support team can review the session with the BW system in order to determine what occurs during the reproduction.
- Repeat the first three steps, and set the sapbw.trace=false in Step 2 in order to reset the server to the previous state and stop the additional logging.