This document describes an error that is encountered when a Cisco Information Server (CIS) resource is configured for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) negotiation (handshake), and it also describes the steps that are used in order to resolve the error.
This error appears in the cs_server.log:
Unable to load strong truststore file
This error indicates that there is a problem with attempts to access or read the file that is specified by the Strong Truststore File Location value.
When there is not a problem, the log contains this message:
Successfully loaded strong keystore from file
Complete these steps in order to resolve this issue:
- Verify that the strong truststore file is present.
- For Linux systems, navigate to ls -l > app > Composite_Software > CIS_6.2.0 > conf > server > security cis_server_truststore_strong.jks.
- For Microsoft Windows systems, navigate to dir C: > apps > cis620 > conf > server > security > cis_server_truststore_strong.jks.
- Verify that the cis_server_truststore_strong.jks has read permissions. The file must be readable.
- Enter the keytool -list command for the file in order to verify whether the keytool prints an output. If you do not see any output, the truststore file might be corrupted.
Here is an example:
C:\apps\cis620\jre\bin\keytool -list -keystore cis_server_truststore_strong.jks
Enter keystore password: changeit
Keystore type: JKS
Keystore provider: SUN
Your keystore contains 79 entries
digicertassuredidrootca, Jan 7, 2008,...