|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
The Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch, part of the Unified Fabric family, delivers innovative architectural flexibility, infrastructure simplicity, and business agility for traditional, virtualized, unified, and high-performance computing (HPC) environments.
Learn more about the Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch. (7:13 min)
Video Data Sheet
As part of the Cisco Data Center Business Advantage, the Cisco Nexus 5548P Switch delivers these IT and business advantages:
Feature and Capabilities
- Unified ports support traditional Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC),and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Connectivity options include: Gigabit, 10 Gigabit (fiber and copper), FC, and FCoE
- Provides support for all Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- One common high-density, high-performance, data-center-class, fixed-form-factor platform to consolidate LAN and storage
- Any transport over an Ethernet-based fabric, including Layer 2, Layer 3, and storage traffic (iSCSI, NAS, FC, RoE, and IBoE)
- Reduced management points with Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extenders
- A single platform to meet diverse data center deployments, such as traditional, virtualized, unified, and HPC environments
- Provides rapid migration and transition options between traditional, new, and developing technologies
- Performance and scalability to meet your company's growing business needs
The Cisco Nexus 5548P is a 1RU 10Gbps switch offering up to 960 Gbps throughput and up to 48 ports. It offers 32, 1/10 Gbps fixed SFP+ unified Ethernet/FCoE ports and one expansion slot.
The expansion modules include:
- 16-port 10 Gbps SFP+ Ethernet/FCoE
- 8-port 10 Gbps SFP+ Ethernet/FCoE, plus 8-port 1/2/4/8Gbps Native FC
- More Than 3000 Customers
Companies worldwide use Cisco Nexus 5000 and 2000 Switches to transform their business. Read real-world case studies to learn why.
- Forrester Consulting on FCoE and Unified Fabric (PDF - 192 KB)
Explore the benefits of common SAN and LAN infrastructure and examine Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and unified fabric.
(All Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches At-a-Glance)
(All Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches Data Sheets) Presentations
(All Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches Presentations) White Papers
(All Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches White Papers)