Cost-Effective, Scalable Access Layer
The Cisco Nexus 2224TP GE Fabric Extender provides an efficient and agile solution to help enable business transformation. As part of the unified fabric pillar of Cisco Data Center Business Advantage, it interoperates with other Cisco solutions to transform the data center.
Learn about recent innovations in the Cisco Nexus Fabric Extenders. (5:00 min)
In a compact, 1 rack unit (1 RU) form factor, the Cisco Nexus 2224TP GE Fabric Extender provides:
- 24 Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet (100/1000BASE-T) server ports
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports
The combination of the Cisco Nexus 2224TP with upstream Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches offers a cost-effective solution for low-server-density racks. This provides your data center both architectural flexibility and simplified operations.
Feature and Capabilities
The Cisco Nexus 2224TP GE Fabric Extender offers architectural flexibility with:
- Reduced data center cabling costs and footprint with optimized inter-rack cabling
- Increased resiliency with Virtual PortChannel (vPC) and in-service software upgrades
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches provide:
- A single point of management and policy enforcement
- Ready-to-use auto configuration management
Increased Business Agility
This solution offers quick expansion of network capacity.