Data Center-Class Blade Servers for the Branch
Simplify your branch office infrastructure with a converged networking, computing, and virtualization ready platform designed to host multiple Cisco and third-party infrastructure services and mission-critical business applications.
Transform the Branch
Discover how three companies have transformed their business by upgrading their infrastructure.Watch Video
Find out how UCS E-Series Servers can help you consolidate branch infrastructure. (3:43 min)
Features and Capabilities
Cisco UCS E-Series Server modules are next-generation, power-optimized, x86, Intel® Xeon® 64-bit blade servers designed to be deployed in Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2). These price-to-performance-optimized, single-socket blade servers balance simplicity, performance, reliability, and power efficiency. They are well suited for applications and infrastructure services typically deployed in small offices and branch offices.
Cisco UCS E-Series Server modules are available in two form factors. The first is a single-wide blade server powered by a high-performance yet power-efficient Intel® Xeon® processor E3 with four cores, up to 16 Gigabytes of RAM, and two Terabytes of local storage. The second is a double-wide blade server powered by a high-performance Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 with up to six cores and support for up to 48 Gigabytes of RAM and three Terabytes of local storage.
Primary product features include:
- Compact Data Center Class Intel Xeon x86 64-Bit Blade Servers
- Dedicated blade management with Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC); consistent management with Cisco UCS C-series family
- Single-device consolidation by housing all devices in a Cisco ISR G2 Chassis
- Virtualization-ready hardware with support for Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Citrix Xen Server
- Ability to host applications locally-either bare-metal or virtualized-depending on business needs
Primary product benefits include:
- Blade server form factor that accelerates and simplifies physical server provisioning and system maintenance
- Lower TCO by reducing server hardware shipping costs, power consumption, cooling, cabling, space, and support costs
- Built-in lights-out server management through CIMC provides remote server monitoring and configuration management for virtualized and bare metal deployments
- Scalable infrastructure that offers protection of infrastructure investment
Power Enterprise Applications
Now you can with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).Click Here
Transform Your Branch Experience
Scale your network with Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2.Click Here