Simplified Server Deployment
The Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis is a crucial building block of the Cisco Unified Computing System, delivering a scalable and flexible architecture for current and future data center needs, while helping reduce total cost of ownership.
Learn how Cisco Services can accelerate your journey to Unified Computing
Learn more about the Cisco Unified Computing Enclosure and Servers. (5:39 min)
Cisco's first blade-server chassis offering, the Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis, is six rack units (6RU) high, can mount in an industry-standard 19-inch rack, and uses standard front-to-back cooling. A chassis can accommodate up to eight half-width, or four full-width Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers form factors within the same chassis.
The Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis revolutionizes the use and deployment of blade-based systems. By incorporating unified fabric and fabric-extender technology, the Cisco Unified Computing System enables the chassis to:
- Have fewer physical components
- Require no independent management
- Be more energy efficient than traditional blade-server chassis
This simplicity eliminates the need for dedicated chassis management and blade switches, reduces cabling, and allowing scalability to 20 chassis without adding complexity. The Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis is a critical component in delivering the simplicity and IT responsiveness for the data center as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Check Hardware and Software Interoperability
The Cisco Unified Computing System has been validated for use with major operating systems and applications. View this matrix for specifics on hardware and software supported.
- Solution Overview: Cisco Unified Computing System (PDF - 3.4 MB)
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce TCO and increase business agility.
- Technology Overview of Unified Computing
The Cisco Unified Computing System is built to meet today's demands while being ready to accommodate future technologies.
- How It Works - Video Demo (4:36 min)
Accelerate the delivery of new services simply, reliably, and securely through end-to-end provisioning and migration support for both virtualized and non-virtualized systems.
- Data Center Services: Accelerate Your Transition to Unified Computing
Cisco and our industry-leading partners deliver services that accelerate your transition to a unified computing architecture that delivers a simpler, more efficient and responsive data center.
- Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects
- Cisco UCS 2200 Series Fabric Extenders
- Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects
- Cisco UCS 2100 Series Fabric Extenders
- Cisco UCS B Series Blade Servers
- Cisco UCS Manager
Product Support Services
Cisco's Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.