Reduce Costs with Efficient Interconnects
The Cisco 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects extend the UCS architecture into environments that require smaller domains.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects provide the management and communication backbone for the Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers, Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis, and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers.
The chassis, blades, and rack-mount servers that are attached to interconnects are part of a single highly available management domain. By supporting Unified Fabric, the Cisco UCS 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects provide the flexibility to support LAN and storage connectivity for all blades within its domain at configuration time.
Typically deployed in redundant pairs, the Cisco UCS 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects deliver uniform access to both networks and storage to facilitate a fully virtualized environment.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Cisco UCS 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects offer several major features and benefits that lower the total cost of ownership (TCO), including:
- Up to 500 Gbps bandwidth
- Ports capable of line-rate, low-latency, lossless 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and 8-, 4-, and 2-Gbps Fibre Channel
- Centralized management with Cisco UCS Manager software
- Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis capabilities for cooling and serviceability
- Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (QSFP+) port for rack-mount server connectivity
Cisco Data Center Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX) technology helps to enable a consistent operational model for, and visibility between, physical, and virtual environments. It simplifies the enforcement of security and network policy when virtual machines move across hosts.
Note: Please contact your Cisco representative for new product orderability and first customer shipment (FCS) timelines.
Cisco SingleConnect Technology
SingleConnect is an easy, intelligent, and efficient way to connect and manage computing in the data center.
SingleConnect provides one connection for:
- Rack servers and blade servers
- LAN, SAN, and systems management
- Physical servers and virtual machines