Services-Rich Router for Medium-to-Large Branches
Cisco 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) are designed to meet the application demands of today's medium-to-large branches and to evolve to cloud-based services. They deliver virtualized applications and highly secure collaboration through the widest array of WAN connectivity at high performance that offers concurrent services at up to 375 Mbps.
Cisco 3900 Series ISRs provide agility and flexibility for collaboration. (4:31 min)
Compare with Cisco 4000 Series
Our newer ISRs provide up to 10 times the performance of earlier generations.Compare Now
Features and Capabilities
All Cisco 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) have modular design that allows for reuse of a broad array of existing modules that meet business requirements while maximizing investment protection.They offer:
- Agile Application Services, including the ability to host multiple Cisco or third-party applications on UCS-E Series server modules that can also run VMware ESXi for mission-critical applications at the branch office, along with application delivery assurance services to support granular application visibility and control (AVC) that can prioritize and optimize all types of data, voice, and video applications
- WAN Connectivity through the industry's widest choices, including T1/E1, T3/E3, 4G/LTE, xDSL, copper, and fiber Gigabit Ethernet
- WAN Optimizationwith support for router-integrated, on-demand WAN optimization and application acceleration through service modules
- Highly Integrated Security with a comprehensive suite of VPN technology with IPSec and SSL VPNs enhanced by onboard encryption acceleration and threat defense support through firewall and intrusion prevention system (IPS) options and further includes support for next-generation encryption and cloud-based security
- Unified Communications that support call processing and voicemail services and offer a high-quality analog and digital voice and video experience through on-board integrated digital signal processors (DSPs) and analog voice cards that support highly resilient call management that can overcome WAN service interruptions
- Medianet services that deliver a more visual, social, and personal experience through video networking solutions for branch users and allow for control of media services through AVC
- High Performance with powerful and energy efficient multicore processors, a multigigabit fabric and high-performance services modules that can run multiple concurrent services offered in a scalable manner at high throughputs.
Specifications at a Glance
The Cisco 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers include:
- 3 RU units with up to 4 GE ports with 2 SFP ports
- UCS-E service module that can support Cisco and third-party apps, VMware ESXi, and MS hypervisor
- Up to 4 service modules, 1 integrated service module (ISM)
- Up to 98 LAN switch ports, 4 Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC) slots
- Ability to add a second integrated power supply
- Embedded hardware-accelerated VPN encryption and Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall and Cisco IOS IPS
- Unified Communications
- 3 or 4 on-board digital-signal-processor (DSP) slots optimized for voice and video
- Cisco Unified Border Element capabilities for up to 2500 sessions
- Support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony, and Cisco Unified Enhanced Survivable Remote Site Telephony (E-SRST)
Compare Routers Before You Purchase or Upgrade
- Take advantage of our free network inventory service to see if you have obsolete or end-of-support equipment you may want to replace. Learn more about Cisco Active Advisor.
- See why now is the time to evolve your WAN. Download the latest white paper from ZK Research, then speed deployment with our design guide.Get started.
Product Support Services
Cisco's Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.
Cisco 3945E Integrated Services Router
Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Router
Cisco 3925E Integrated Services Router
Interfaces and Modules