Cisco announces the end-of-life dates for the Cisco Wireless Software Version 8.5.
Software maintenance support for Cisco Wireless Software Version 8.5 release ends on December 30, 2021.
No patches or maintenance releases will be provided for Cisco Wireless Software Versions 8.5 beyond December 30, 2021.
Specifically, for Cisco Aironet 1800s Network Sensor, the software maintenance support for Cisco Wireless Software release 8.5 ends on February 28, 2021. Please upgrade Cisco Aironet 1800s Network Sensor with latest recommended software.
Cisco Wireless Software Version 8.5 is the last Supported version for following wireless products.
● End-of-Life Announcement for 1600 Series AP (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 2600 Series AP(EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 3500 Series AP (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 3600 Series AP (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for Cisco 819 Hardened Integrated Services Router (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 1550 Series AP (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 1552H/S/WU AP (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 2504 Wireless Controller (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 5508 Wireless Controller (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 8510 Wireless Controller (EoLA)
● End-of-Life Announcement for 7510 Wireless Controller (EoLA)
Please note that, for platform-specific fixes, the End of Software Maintenance / End of Vulnerability/Security dates given in each platform’s EoLA supersede the 8.5 EOL dates. For fixes specifically to the 1552H/S/WU AP, its extended EOL milestones will be honored.
Customers are encouraged to migrate to one of the recommended releases.
Cisco Takeback and Recycle program helps businesses dispose properly of surplus products that have reached their end of useful life. The program is open to all business users of Cisco equipment and its associated brands and subsidiaries. For more information, go to: https://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac227/ac228/ac231/about_cisco_takeback_recycling.html.
For more information about the Cisco End-of-Life Policy, go to: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_end-of-life_policy.html.
For more information about the Cisco Product Warranties, go to: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_warranties_listing.html.
To subscribe to receive end-of-life/end-of-sale information, go to: https://www.cisco.com/cisco/support/notifications.html.
Any authorized translation issued by Cisco Systems or affiliates of this end-of-life Product Bulletin is intended to help customers understand the content described in the English version. This translation is the result of a commercially reasonable effort; however, if there are discrepancies between the English version and the translated document, please refer to the English version, which is considered authoritative.