ThousandEyes, the network intelligence SaaS platform, is being integrated into the Cisco Nexus® 9000 Series data center switches with Cisco® NX-OS / Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and Cisco ACI® fabrics. The Cisco ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent (TEA) allows users to run a variety of tests using global vantage points to monitor routing (BGP), DNS resolution, browser response characteristics, detailed aspects of network pathing and connectivity, the status of network routing, and VoIP streaming-connection quality.
The initial integration will be in Cisco NX-OS Release 10.2(1) with Cisco DCNM Release 11.5(3). Broader integrations will be targeted for subsequent Cisco NX-OS, DCNM, and Cisco ACI releases.
The following use cases will be supported in the initial release;
● Data center to branches and cloud
◦ Measure bidirectional network throughput, performance, latency, and loss and evaluate network connections for specific applications
◦ Path visualization within the WAN and internet for data-center traffic going to branch offices and cloud
● Data-center interconnect
◦ Deploying the agent on the data center edge device (Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches) to communicate with other agents
◦ Path visualization, latency, loss, and jitter information within the IP network connecting two or more data centers
Cisco ThousandEyes Network Analytics support a wide variety of agents and tests. For this integration into Cisco Nexus 9000 switches, the main focus will be on WAN and internet monitoring, and application evaluation. All visualization of the test results will be achieved using the Cisco ThousandEyes dashboard.
Illustration of the use cases supported in the initial release and early field trial
If you are interested in participating in early field trials, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.