The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Cisco provides the industry’s most comprehensive set of networking platforms to address a variety of applications across campus, enterprise, data center, and service provider networks. To connect all these network devices to fiber optics infrastructure, Cisco offers an extensive portfolio of pluggable optical transceivers spanning multiple form factors, reaches, and speeds, which are qualified across the largest portfolio of routers, switches, and servers in the industry.
As network architects design their networks, determining which optical transceiver is supported across different servers, routers, or switches can be a complex task. It is equally complex to determine which optical transceivers are optically interoperable with each other.
To make network planning and deployment easier, Cisco has developed tools to simplify the selection of optics and assure optical transceiver compatibility and interoperability. These tools offer search or query options so you can quickly determine optics-to-device compatibility and optics-to-optics interoperability. The tools also provide additional information such as technical specifications and breakout requirements.
● Rapidly find the optical transceivers that meet your requirements
● Gain assurance of optical transceiver compatibility and interoperability
● Simplify network planning and deployment
● Spend more time on high-value tasks
Cisco ships over 12 million pluggable optical transceivers each year. Our teams conduct continuous interoperability and compatibility testing to help avoid field disruptions and network failures. With optical expertise a relatively scarce skill set in today’s networking and engineering teams, rely on Cisco’s team of experts to simplify the selection of pluggable optical transceivers.
The following tools provide dynamic user interfaces and interactive menus so you can query, search, and filter the information you need to select optical transceivers for speed, distance, media, form factor, and other criteria. Results can be easily exported and shared in Excel, via PDF, or as a URL, helping networking and engineering teams save time and effort.
● The Optics Compatibility Matrix tells you which Cisco® optics products are fully qualified and supported on which Cisco networking devices such as switches, routers, and servers.
● The Optics Interoperability Matrix tells you which Cisco optics products or optical standards are optically interoperable with each other.
● The Optics Product Information Tool provides access to all the technical information for all Cisco optics so you can easily find the information you need.
Explore the Cisco optics product selection tools to find the pluggable optical transceivers for your needs.
Get help with pluggable optical transceiver selection by requesting a call from sales.