The Cisco portfolio of 400G Digital Coherent QSFP-DD pluggable optical modules benefit from 7-nm manufacturing processes and innovations in silicon photonic technology. Two product variants are available.
● The QSFP-DD ZR module complies with the OIF Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) standard
● ZR optics allow the transmission of a 400G wavelength in point-to-point topologies up to a distance of 120 km with Mux/Demux and amplifiers
● The QSFP-DD OpenZR+ module complies with the OpenZR+ MSA
● ZR+ pluggable coherent optics support regional to long-haul transmission of wavelengths with multiple amplification sites between end points
● ZR+ supports multiple configuration options in terms of modulation scheme, TX filter shaping, and baud rates to support different network topologies
● Protect your pluggable optics investments with backwards compatibility between the QSFP-DD form factor and previously purchased QSFP28 and QSFP+ pluggable optics
● Preserve your existing topology with support for multiple bit rates and Forward Error Correction (FEC) schemes that enable you to flexibly operate across multiple network topologies from Point-to-Point (P2P) to long-haul Wave Division Multiplex (WDM) networks
● Maximize your router bit rate with an optimized power envelope in QSFP-DD pluggable optics that fit any Cisco 400G router and switch ports to fully utilize available port bandwidth
● Simplify provisioning and monitoring across Cisco® solutions with a common API across all Cisco platforms
With innovations in electronics and photonics, ZR and OpenZR+ pluggable coherent optics allow you to maximize the full 400G throughput of the line cards on optical systems, routers, and switches. Instead of relying on dedicated line cards or transceivers for 400G transmission, you can benefit from the integrated functionality, cost efficiency, and lower power consumption of an optical transceiver module. In addition, the “one-pluggable-fits-all” approach of the QSFP-DD form factor will support your bit rates from 10G to 400G, allowing you to simplify your network with a common form factor for your optics across platforms. With Cisco ZR and OpenZR+ pluggable coherent optics, you can also rely on rigorous test, verification, and qualification from Cisco to ensure the interoperability and reliability of our transceivers across your network.
Learn more about Cisco 400G QSFP-DD pluggable coherent optics.
View the data sheet.