Build the Video Collaboration Room of Your Dreams
The Cisco TelePresence SX80 Codec provides a powerful and flexible platform for creating the ultimate video collaboration experience. The SX80 was built with the integrator in mind to support flexibility and creativity for customized video collaboration rooms that delight customers.
Award-Winning Video Collaboration
Experience the design and features that earned Cisco a Red Dot Award.Read Blog
Features and Capabilities
The SX80 Codec is a powerful audio and video engine.
It incorporates high-definition video collaboration applications into large meeting rooms, boardrooms, and purpose-built or vertical application rooms. Examples include training, briefing, and demonstration rooms, as well as auditoriums.
The SX80 delivers up to 1080p60 end-to-end, high-definition (HD) video. It’s the first in the industry to offer support for H.265, which lays the foundation for future bandwidth efficiencies made possible by the new standard. The codec offers a comprehensive input and output set and flexible media engine. It supports three screens to help enable a variety of use cases adaptable to your specific needs.
Cisco offers three SX80 integrator packages to reduce the need for external equipment and the overall cost of deploying video in larger meeting rooms. The packages include:
- SX80 Codec and PrecisionHD 1080p 4X camera for smaller room scenarios
- SX80 Codec and Precision 60 Camera for larger room scenarios—currently the best image quality in the market
- SX80 and the SpeakerTrack 60 dual camera system, which features a unique, direct, fast switching approach for active speaker tracking
Add a Precision 60 Camera in the back of the room and give presenters a “stage” with PresenterTrack*. This feature supports automatic detection and tracking of presenters, following them as they stand up and move about at the front of the room.
The SX80 also supports switched conferencing for enhanced layouts and use of video on both screens of dual-screen endpoints**.
In addition, you can easily control room peripherals such as lights, room dividers, curtains, and more directly from the Cisco TelePresence Touch 10 through a customizable API*. (Note: This requires an external third-party control system processor.)
Specifications at a Glance
- Standards-compliant 1080p solution, compatible with standards-based video without losing features
- 1080p30 HD embedded Cisco TelePresence MultiSite with individual transcoding
- Supports Cisco Intelligent Proximity for content sharing to mobile devices and wireless sharing from Macs and PCs**
- Supports H.264 and H.265
- Offers four simultaneous video inputs
- Supports high-definition content at 1080p30
- Supports cloud registration to Cisco Spark Services for even faster and more cost effective deployment
- Ideal for team-based collaboration, boardrooms, meeting rooms, and industry applications
*Requires Collaboration Endpoint Software Version 8.1 or later
**Requires Collaboration Endpoint Software Version 8.0 or later
(All Cisco TelePresence SX Series Data Sheets) End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices
(All Cisco TelePresence SX Series End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices)
End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco TelePresence Software Releases TE2.x and TE4.x
End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco TelePresence Software Version TC5.x
(All Cisco TelePresence SX Series White Papers)