Document ID: 116293
Updated: Jul 02, 2013
Contributed by William Ryan Bennett and Heidi Dejbakhsh, Cisco TAC Engineers.
This document describes how to change the IP address of Cisco Emergency Response (CER).
CER IP Changes
In order to change the CER IP address, complete these steps:
- Use the CER Administration GUI, and navigate to System > Server Settings.
- Change the Server Name to the new IP address.
- The new IP address is shown in three places once the server name is updated and the page is refreshed:
- Secure Shell (SSH) to CER as admin: and make changes to the gateway with use of the CLI.
Wait for the admin: prompt to return before you proceed.
- Change the IP address and subnet information:
After the reboot process is complete, it takes 15 to 20 minutes for all of the services to come online and work properly.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.