• Secure, high-speed wireless network access for small business
• Gigabit Ethernet connections enable rapid transfer of large files
• Advanced security, including intrusion prevention, helps keep assets safe
• Full IPsec VPN capabilities for up to five remote connections
® WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router combines wired and wireless network access with switching capabilities in a single, affordable device to help enable employees of small businesses like yours safely connect to the resources they need to be productive (Figure 1). Strong security features include a proven firewall with intrusion prevention, virtual private network (VPN) capabilities, and an optional service that helps block malicious websites and control web access to protect your business. An integrated 4-port Gigabit Ethernet switch allows up to four devices to share high speed-connectivity in the office.
The Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router offers:
• High-speed connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet connections on both WAN and LAN ports help you take full advantage of your broadband connections, enabling your employees to send and receive large files quickly and easily.
• Integrated 802.11n wireless access point: A built-in access point enables your employees to connect to the network wirelessly. Support for draft 2.0 of the 802.11n industry standard, along with backward compatibility with 802.11b and g standards, increases wireless speed, throughput, and range, for more efficient wireless coverage of your small office.
• Proven Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall with Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): Unlike standard firewalls, which block incoming streams based only on the source or type of data, the intrusion prevention system scans deep, enabling it to detect and block most worms, Trojan horses, and denial-of-service attacks to help keep your business assets safe.
• VPN capabilities: IP Security (IPsec) VPN capabilities built into the WRVS4400N enable your remote employees, whether working from home or on the road, to connect to your office network using nearly any VPN client to access files and transfer data as securely as if they were in the office.
• Optional Cisco ProtectLink Web security service: This optional hosted service adds another layer of protection to your network by blocking malicious websites and controlling web access, without the drain on your office PCs caused by traditional security solutions.
• Flexible segmentation of users: Flexible, built-in support for up to 4 multiple service set identifiers (SSIDs) and up to four 802.1Q virtual LAN (VLAN) connections enables the creation separate virtual networks to allow secure guest access and improve traffic flow (Figure 2). The WRVS4400N can interoperate with other VLAN-capable switches, further enhancing flexibility.
• Limited lifetime warranty.
Figure 2. Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router Port Connections
Table 1 lists basic product specifications for the WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router.
Table 1. Product Specifications
• Static routing
• Routing Information Protocol (RIPv1 and RIPv2)
• Inter-VLAN routing
• Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs
• 4 active VLANs (4094 range)
• Service set identifier (SSID) broadcast enable/disable
• Supports up to 4 multiple service set identifiers (SSIDs)
• Supports SSID-to-VLAN mapping with wireless client isolation
• Service-based bandwidth management supports rate control and priority
• Port-based prioritization on LAN port; application-based on WAN port
• 4 queues
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) version 1, 2c
• Event logging: local, syslog, email alerts
• Firmware upgradable through web browser
• Flash, RAM diagnostics
• Built-in web user interface for browser-based configuration
NAT throughput: 800 Mbps when IPS is disabled
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco Small Business Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and/or power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase and software bug fixes, as available, for the warranty term. To download software updates, go to: www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.