DHCP Auto configuration is not working.
April 14, 2016
February 10, 2017
DHCP Auto Configuration is not working when trying to upgrade the firmware of all 16 switches.
Configure DHCP Auto Configuration feature and use the Option 125 hex string which contains the firmware path and filename. Additionally, the hex string should include the following few more fields:
- Enterprise Number
- Option 125 Data Length
- Sub Option Code
- Sub Option Length
- Sub Option Data
For example, if you have a aa.txt file, the Option 125 Hex String 00-00-00-09-08-05-06-61-61-2E-74-78-74 is used where:
- 00-00-00-09 — Enterprise Number (Cisco Value)
- 08 — Option 125 Data Length
- 05 — Sub Option Code (value for Cisco Sx300/500)
- 06 — Sub Option Length (6 in this example)
- 61-61-2E-74-78-74 — Sub Option Data (Hex version of the ASCII filename aa.txt)