Layer 3 InterVLAN Routing Configuration on 300 Series Managed Switch
The objective of this document is to configure layer 3 InterVLAN routing on 300 switches.
• 300 Series switches
1. Make sure Layer3 feature is enabled. For additional information on how to enable Layer 3 Mode on firmware version 18.104.22.168 or earlier, please refer to How to configure Layer 3 mode for SX300. For later firmwares, please refer to Switching to Layer 3 Mode on the SF/SG 300 Series Switches.
2. Make sure you have more than one VLAN configured.
Step 1. Use the switch GUI interface to choose VLAN Management > Create VLAN.
Step 2. Click Add to create new VLAN and enter VLAN parameters.
Step 3. To add a single VLAN check VLAN radio button and enter the VLAN information. Repeat this step to create other VLANs.
• VLAN ID — VLAN number.
• VLAN Name — VLAN description.
Step 4. To add a range of VLAN check Range radio button and enter the range of IP address.
• VLAN Range — VLAN number range.
Step 5. Click Apply to save.
Assign port to VLAN
Step 1. Use the switch GUI interface to choose VLAN Management > Port to VLAN.
Step 2. Choose the VLAN ID number from the VLAN ID drop-menu and Interface type from Interface Type menu.
Step 3. Click Go to see the VLAN membership status of the selected port.
Step 4. Choose from interface type from radio buttons.
• Access — The interface is untagged member of single VLAN.
• Trunk — The interface is not a member of specific tagged VLAN.
• General — The interface supports tagged and untagged one or more VLANs.
Step 5. Click Apply to save
Configure InterVLAN routing
Step 1. Use the switch GUI interface choose IP Configuration > Management and IP interfaces > IPv4 Interface. IPv4 Interface pages opens.
Step 2. Click Add to assign IP address for VLANs.
Step 3. Check VLAN and select VLAN ID number from the drop down menu.
Step 4. Assign IP address for the VLANs.
• IP Address Type — How IP address will be assigned.
– Dynamic IP Address — DHCP dynamic IP address assignment.
– Static IP address — Manually configured IP address assignment.
Step 5.Click Apply to Save.