The objective of this document is to provide details about the supported operating systems (Windows, Linux,
Mac) of the Cisco
AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and their requirements.
The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, also known as the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, is a software
application for connecting to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that works on various operating systems and
hardware configurations. This software application makes it possible for remote resources of another network
become accessible as if the user is directly connected to the network, but in a secure way. Cisco AnyConnect
Secure Mobility Client provides an innovative way to protect mobile users on computer-based or smart-phone
platforms, providing a more seamless, always-protected experience for end users, and comprehensive policy
enforcement for an IT administrator.
For additional information on AnyConnect licensing on the RV340 series routers,
AnyConnect Supported Operating Systems and Requirements
AnyConnect Support for Microsoft Windows
Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft-supported versions of Windows 10 for ARM64-based PCs
- Windows 7 Special Pack (SP) 1
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit)
- Pentium class processor or greater
- 100 MB hard disk space
- Microsoft Installer version 3.1
- Upgrading to Windows 8.1 from any previous Windows release requires you to uninstall AnyConnect, and
reinstall it after your Windows upgrade is complete.
- Upgrading from Windows XP to any later Windows release requires a clean install since the Cisco AnyConnect
Virtual Adapter is not preserved during the upgrade. Manually uninstall AnyConnect, upgrade Windows, and
then reinstall AnyConnect manually or via WebLaunch.
- To start AnyConnect with WebLaunch, you must use the 32-bit version of Firefox 3.0+ and enable ActiveX or
install Sun JRE 1.4+.
- ASDM version 7.02 or higher is required when using Windows 8 or 8.1
AnyConnect Support for Linux
Linux Operating Systems
- Linux Red Hat 6
- Linux Red Hat 7
- Linix Red Hat 8.2
- Ubuntu 16.04 Long Term Support (LTS)
- Ubuntu 18.04 (LTS)
- Ubuntu 20.04 (LTS) (64-bit only)
- x86 instruction set
- 64-bit processor
- 32 MB Random Access Memory (RAM)
- 20 MB hard disk space
- Superuser privileges are required for installation
- libstdc++ users must have libstdc++.so.6 (GLIBCXX_3.4) or higher, but below version 4
- Java 5 (1.5) or later. The only version that works for web installation is Sun Java. You must install Sun
Java and configure your browser to use that instead of the default package.
- zlib — to support SSL deflate compression
- xterm — only required if you're doing initial deployment of AnyConnect via Weblaunch from ASA clientless
- gtk 2.0.0
- gdk 2.0.0
- libpango 1.0
- iptables 1.2.7a or later
- tun module supplied with kernel 2.4.21 or 2.6
AnyConnect (Versions 4.8 and above) Support for macOS
Supported Operating Systems
AnyConnect (Versions 4.7 and below) Support for Mac OS X
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- macOS 10.12
- macOS 10.13
- macOS 10.14
Mac OS X Requirements
- AnyConnect requires 50 MB of hard disk space.
- To operate correctly with Mac OS X, AnyConnect requires a minimum display resolution of 1024 by 640 pixels.
Check out the AnyConnect Release Notes, for the most updated information.