Step 2. Download the appropriate release version from the provided list. Check your system specifications to determine which version is best for your system.
Note: Make sure to download the appropriate version of FindIT, Windows versions feature both a 64 and 32 bit version.
Step 3. Save and run the FindIT installation file. The Cisco FindIT – Installation Wizard will appear.
Step 4. Follow the Installation Wizard steps to successfully install the software.
Basic Introduction to FindIT
Step 1. Enable the FindIT toolbar in your web browser.
Step 1. Click FindIT to enable the FindIT sidebar, which displays a hierarchical list of currently connected devices.
Step 2. On the FindIT sidebar, click a device to connect to the web configuration utility of that device.
Step 3. (Optional) To view an updated list of connected devices, click FindIT > Refresh. The device list will update.
Step 1. Click Applications to view a list of available applications to use with FindIT.
The available applications are explained as follows:
• Cisco Video Monitoring System — Software application available from the Cisco website that allows you to monitor, record, and control video from a surveillance camera system.
• Cisco Continuous Data Protection — Software application available from the Cisco website that protects important data by providing proactive redundancy of files.
Note: These products are no longer being sold and might not be supported.
Step 1. Click Settings to view a list of settings options.
The available settings are explained as follows:
• Toolbar — Opens the Toolbar Settings window which allows you to add, edit, or delete the buttons available on the FindIT toolbar.
• Product Improvement — Opens the Product Improvement window. From here, you can choose to either enable or disable the periodic sending of product usage statistics to Cisco. You can also choose to view the data that is being sent.
• Show Text on Buttons — Displays the button name next to the applicable icon on the FindIT toolbar. If you uncheck this option, the button names will not be shown. This option is enabled by default.
• Software Update — Enables you to choose to automatically check for device firmware updates and FindIT application updates. You have the option to specify which folder the device firmware updates are downloaded to.
Step 1. Click Support to view a list of support options.
The available options are defined as follows:
• FindIT Help — Support guide for using the FindIT software.
• Small Business Support Center Contacts — Cisco webpage containing contact information regarding live product support.
• Small Business Support Community — Forum where you can seek help with your small business products from Cisco employees and users. This webpage also provides helpful documents and links, which give additional information regarding Cisco Small Business products.
• Small Business Online Chat Support — Cisco Online Chat Support provides live, real-time technical support for Cisco Small Business products through a web chat session with a Small Business Support Center engineer.
• Provide Feedback on FindIT — Allows you to provide feedback on the FindIT software.
• About Cisco FindIT — Allows you to check the current version of the FindIT software you are using.