Cisco MDS 9222i Multiservice Modular Switch
Get Cost-Effective, Intelligent Services
The Cisco MDS 9222i Multiservice Modular Switch delivers state-of-the-art multiprotocol and distributed fabric services, along with advanced capabilities. This high-density Fibre Channel (FC) switch scales up to 66 FC ports, and offers:
- High-performance SAN extension for remote replication and disaster recovery solutions
- Intelligent fabric services, such as storage media encryption (SME) and data mobility manager (DMM)
- Cost-effective multiprotocol connectivity for both open systems and mainframes
- Integrated hardware-based virtual fabric isolation, with standard virtual SANs (VSANs) and optional FC routing with inter-VSAN routing
- Remote SAN extension, with high-performance FC over IP (FCIP), compression, and I/O Accelerator
The Cisco MDS 9222i features a compact 3-rack-unit (3RU) form factor, expansion slot capability, comprehensive network security framework modularity, and IPv6 readiness. It is an ideal solution for departmental and remote branch-office SANs requiring director-class, intelligent services solutions at a lower cost.
- Long distance over FC with extended buffer-to-buffer credits (with the Enterprise package)
- Multiprotocol and mainframe support (FC, FCIP, Small Computer System Interface over IP [iSCSI], and IBM Fibre Connection [FICON])
- Capability to migrate block data without disruptions across heterogeneous storage volumes over long distances with DMM
- SME for secure encryption of data stored on heterogeneous tapes, virtual tape libraries, and disk arrays
- Multiple high-performance intelligent applications with the 16-port storage services node with four engines
Why Choose the Cisco MDS 9000 Family?
Learn how Cisco MDS solutions help you lower your SAN costs while tightening security and strengthening resiliency.
Miercom Award to Cisco MDS Team
The Cisco MDS 9500 passed rigorous performance tests without frame loss and provided the highest throughput compared to the competition. (Video - 7:10 min)