Break the Small Cell Backhaul Bottleneck
The Cisco ASR 901S extends routing intelligence to the pole in order to break the small cell backhaul bottleneck for metrocell deployments. It features a flexible architecture that supports "any-G" from any vendor, and it dramatically reduces operating costs through zero-touch provisioning capabilities and extensive management tools.
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco ASR 901S Series Aggregation Services Router is optimized for the backhaul of true multi-vendor heterogeneous small cell networks. As mobile operators look to aggressively deploy small cell networks in an effort to increase capacity and coverage, they will be challenged to do so without straining their capital and operational budgets.
The ASR 901S is designed specifically to ease these constraints and enable the wide scale deployment of small cell networks. The ASR 901S is a compact, environmentally hardened, low-power-consumption router that can be installed in the outside plant, without an enclosure.
The ASR 901S can be easily deployed in challenging locations such as lampposts, telephone poles, and sides of walls. By using the Cisco ASR 901S, operators can reduce backhaul operating costs, simplify deployment and provisioning, and enhance profit opportunities with premium mobile, as well as Ethernet services. The ASR 901S platform provides unique Cisco value to the small cell backhaul market.
- Flexible architecture support for true multi-vendor "any-G" heterogeneous radio technology and backhaul topologies
- Dramatically reduced operating expenditures and TCO through zero-touch provisioning capabilities and extensive management tools
- Unsurpassed user experience through Cisco best-in-class routing and comprehensive operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) capabilities
Specifications at a Glance
- Wireless management (Wi-Fi) interface to minimize physical access to the unit, helping to reduce network maintenance costs
- Fully supports Layer 2, Layer 3, and MPLS deployment models
- Comprehensive OAM capability, Connectivity Fault Management (CFM), Y1731 FM/PM, Y.1564, and service loopback
- Proven interoperability with multiple microwave vendors
- IP65-compliant, compact, aesthetically pleasing enclosure is designed for outdoor deployments and designed to work at -40 C to 65 C ambient temperatures
- Completely fanless passive cooling design
- Offers flexible options for different combinations of copper and Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) 1GE ports
- Mechanical mounting options can enable mounting on bracket, walls, lampposts, and more.